Misophonia. Who else has it? How aren't we in jail yet?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by G.Rotten, Mar 23, 2019.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Miso soup is a lot like Valium!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

To me, it's like oxygen, or is it like love?

You get too much you get too high
    Not enough and you're gonna die

telemnemonics likes this.
  3. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Leaf blowers. Useless, ROARING, stinking things. Make more work than they save, scattering stuff around.

Jet skis and hepped-up bass/speed boats. Lakes are designed for peace and quiet, which include the snoozy thrum of non-monstrous outboards, making a patient pace in the distance.

Cellphone ringers, shouters-into, over-users. Turn the damn things OFF so everyone's world isn't crowded with YOUR noise.

Hepped-up mufflers and rude motorcyclists. Enjoy your roar where you're not imposing it on others, please.

Rap. Hip-hop. Heavy metal. Every-calorie-a-cliche Country. Don't make me have to tolerate you!

Electronic items (card readers, button-commanded doo-dads) that needlessly beep. Please let me wait until Hell before I have to hear birds being satirized.

Rock, rap, hip-hop--any music but the resident organist's during baseball games at the stadium. I'm there to hear the game and crowd, the uniquenesses of the stadium--not some dolt's thudding idea of inspirational wit.

Blue jays in the morning if I'm hungover. That's a rare thing, but, even so...back off, you damn Canadians!

Coughing. Reminds me of my dad choosing to smoke himself to death rather than hang around for himself and his kids. (This irritation I control.)

My oldest son's sneeze. Moderately annoying for its baritone gWONK!, but mostly annoying 'cause it remarkably resembles my nasty brother's sneeze. (This irritation I control, too, of course.)

College students when they're 1/4, 1/2, full, and full+ drunk. Rude, crude, LOUD, destructive. Go smash your own damn window, punks!

Loud air conditioners, transformers, anything buzzing. I have amplifiers, so let ME make the nasty noise, people.

Any decent guitar or other musical instrument misused, to make bad music badly. Especially when I'm trying to nap. Or think. Or breathe.

Is it Friday yet?

We need another thread, about favorite coincidental and ambient sounds. With so much so worth listening to, the irritating sounds are doubly irritating, as they crowd out the good with the (very!) bad.

Since I left out "ex wives' voices, and some bosses' voices, and the neighbor's over-eager wind chimes," I get to repeat, LEAF BLOWERS.

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Ah, the not so sweet smell of imagined victimhood.

Everyone wants a break; everyone wants dispensation. Wants some form of leg up or compensation because they cannot seem to stay in line.

I like it better when people are just judged for the results of their deeds, and not imagined disorders or locked away in their "intentions".

noah330 likes this.
  5. FerruleCat

FerruleCat Tele-Holic

Show me one instance of someone expecting a break or compensation in this thread. One.

6. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Meister

I think you're not paying attention to the whole thread. I put a link on the very post for anyone who didn't know what Misophonia meant. There was never theory that it's "noise related".

If you want, just google "Sound Aversion". Pretty much everything that comes up is about Misophonia.

If you don't want that's cool too. No skin off my nose.

7. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Or I was paying attention to the wrong portions of the thread, which is a common internet phenomenon.
    First I tried to identify with the OP and the condition, by considering my own idiosyncratic relationship with sound, which I've long been curious about, and having had your post pique my interest to a higher level than my reading comprehension.
    Sort of like when somebody finishes your sentences, but gets it wrong.

At approximately 4:45 EST I read a post by @Blue Bill and had a moment of clarity where I was able to move from misplaced identification to a sort of clinical attempt at empathy.
    Still may have missed some of the details but I gave it a shot.
    Note that my panic and passing out in response to being stuck with needles was my attempt to empathize, though it was probably medically inaccurate.

Blue Bill and G.Rotten like this.
  8. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Meister

Good times.

9. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Yeah, it's kinda like Trypanophobia, hypodermic needle phobia. It's not that you really, really, don't like it, it's that it results in a physiological reaction that is all out of proportion with the "reality" of the situation, as Telemnemoncs pointed out, sorta like passing out, or panic, over a flu shot.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  10. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

BB, really? Imagined disorders? I wish it was imagined. Cannot stay in line, what? What deeds? What compensation?
    What makes you think it's about wanting a break, or a leg up? You think its something people fake to get some benefit, or special treatment? Like what? :confused:

11. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

I have talked about #gangstalking on this forum for years and people claim it's made up. Honestly, what you describe sounds more like you're a TI (targeted individual) and being #gangstalked.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.