Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Minimalist Pedalboards: How Small Is Yours?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by FenderGuy53, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    If you’re like me and get rid of the Phase90 you’ll probably regret it and end up buying one all over again. If you’ve got a good one, keep it. Some of the new ones are poorly built. Just my two cents!

troy2003 likes this.

2. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

Cry Baby, TS9, Boss GE-7, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, and MXR Carbon Copy

I use this for a hip hop band, and a 70's/80's dance band

3. BWNadeau

BWNadeau Tele-Afflicted

Feb 2, 2011
    Lachute, Canada
    I'm playing most of the time through a 5E3 circuit these days - my pedal board consists of a tuner, an eq (to Blackface the tone when wanted), a reverb and a delay.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

4. wannabeatle

wannabeatle TDPRI Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Oak Park, IL
    3D6F94B5-92F7-4C97-A19C-BB1733CE0A54.jpeg Great thread! This is all I need to get through most any gig.

5. digitalshrub

digitalshrub TDPRI Member

Apr 29, 2016
    NYC
    Draft 1 of my new mono-mini-board. Blues Driver, BYOC Large Beaver (Ram's Head), DOD Mini Volume, EHX Canyon. Powered by Ojai R30. Considering adding a mini trem in the space before the Canyon. Oh, and I play in a folk-rock band that has extreme bouts of soundscape exploration and pschedelia-tinged swamp freakouts.

IMG_8225.jpg

6. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Here's mine, I swapped my Proco Rat 2 for a Tumnus:

Tuner -> Tumnus -> Analogman Vintage mod w/ True Bypass -> Delay -> Reverb -> Looper
    IMG_3853.JPG IMG_3850.JPG

digitalshrub and El Tele Lobo like this.

7. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana

8. Kebmel

Kebmel Tele-Afflicted

Aug 8, 2008
    45 south
    [​IMG]

It's all I need for Country and Rock

9. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    Maine
    I just made this one, cut a piece of plywood to fit in this old little suitcase. DSCF1514.JPG

RetroTeleRod likes this.

10. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'm had one, sold it when I sold the amp I built it for. Got a new amp, building a new mini board, just waiting on the patch cables to arrive in the mail. Got an On-stage compact board, its pretty nice. When its done, it will be(L to R): Boss tremolo>Biyang Tri-Reverb >Fulltone Fat Boost 3>OCD>Phase 90>Mooer Mini tuner, with a Cry Baby on the floor. Got 4 of the 7 now, with a modded DS-1 & Bad Monkey I'm selling.

11. guitarslinger92

guitarslinger92 Tele-Meister

Jun 8, 2010
    Athens, GA
    1507959364685.jpg This is what I'm currently using and about to go back on tour with. (Excuse the loose tuner. Cheap Velcro sucks)

12. capt pearl

capt pearl Tele-Meister

Jul 8, 2003

13. exactopposite

exactopposite Tele-Meister

Dec 31, 2010
    Philly
    The most pedals I have ever used at a gig is 5. The was one song that required using them all at once. Otherwise it was just using a fuzz for dirt.

14. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    The modded DS-1 and the Bad Monkey will be replaced with an OCD and a phaser of some sort, then done.

1508187594521.jpg

15. thegeezer

thegeezer Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Jul 5, 2010
    West Michigan
    image.jpeg

My gig board. Does everything I need.

ssmtb, digitalshrub and AAT65 like this.

16. dobrojoe

dobrojoe Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Feb 11, 2017
    England
    I thought that I would copy the pedal boards used by my favourite guitarists - Django Reinhardt, T-Bone Walker, BB King and Eric Clapton. NO PEDAL ZONE here!

El Tele Lobo likes this.

17. Ekko

Ekko TDPRI Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Texas
    When I HAVE to go as small as possible I run:

Amp

Boss DS-1

EH Small Stone

Old ?90’s? beat up Morley Wah (I think it’s a Pro Series; found it in a pawn shop years ago for 40 bucks. It’s a very subtle wah that reminds me of the wah tone in Monolith by T Rex. Kicked back used just as a “filter” it compliments the DS-1 for a more bassy/boosted distortion and without the DS-1 used as “filter” still it seems to work like a LIGHT overdrive that sounds great when playing a lot of Mick Ronson era David Bowie clean-ish/not really distorted, but not perfectly clean tones. All in all, my “secret weapon”.)

Guitar

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 5:37 PM

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.