Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Minimalist Pedalboards: How Small Is Yours?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by FenderGuy53, Sep 25, 2017.

1. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    For open-stage-nights, spontanious jams etc.Hotone Soulpress for wah, Harley Benton Golden Face, Harley Benton Clean Glass, Hotone Sky Trem, Danelectro PB&J. Sometimes combined with a Tech21 The Blonde if I have to go direct to mixing desk.

Attached Files:

Minimalist518 likes this.

2. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    My Mini Breakfast Tray Board seems to be over sized compared to the majority of boards on this thread. Dunno if I can whittle it down anymore than this.

Tele>Bogner Blue Ecstasy>J. Rockett Archer Ikon>Bogner Burnley>Visual Sound H20>TC Electronics HOF Mini>Amp

20170808_154015.jpg

3. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    This is my minimalist grab-and-go board presently. I can cover a lot of ground with it: Blues, Post-Punk, Sabbath-type sludgy Metal.
    Most of my tones come from my guitar/amp combo (hot rod parts Esquire and a Bassbreaker 15) by twiddling the guitar knobs and switch.
    The Bluesbreaker pedal gives a little more juice when needed and delay is my desert island pedal.
    I do want to switch out the Lovepedal delay for a Boss DD3. I’ve got the DD7 on my big board and I want more parity/consistency between the two. Also, the Lovepedal’s construction dictates the signal chain; it isn’t my preference. I prefer the delay last. The delay is in the center because of the power supply jack location; I can’t close the lid with the plug sticking out the side IMG_2923.JPG

RetroTeleRod likes this.

4. Reggie77

Reggie77 Tele-Meister

Jul 16, 2017
    Connecticut
    I cannot wait to acquire one

5. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida

6. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Dunlop germanium fuzz face mini.

7. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Current rehearsal setup is a Keeley Delay Workstation (verb and delay) and a Soul Food for a solo boost with a little hair. Going back and forth on whether to add a compressor. Most songs I just have the reverb.

El Tele Lobo and Minimalist518 like this.

8. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Genius!

RetroTeleRod and El Tele Lobo like this.

9. igor5

igor5 TDPRI Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Brazil
    TU-2 > TS Mini > Flashback mini.
    Sometimes:
    TU-2 > BD-2 (gain booster) > TS Mini > Flashback mini

wannabeatle and Staypuft1652 like this.

10. jonton2

jonton2 TDPRI Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    IMG_7099.JPG

Hotone soulpress wah/expression/volume pedal Into 0c-3 Into 78 badass to front of amp.

Dl4 Into Ammoon looper Into effects loop.

Cutting board base :)

Loving it.

Alonious_Monk and Staypuft1652 like this.

11. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    What about some longer patch cables to change signal order and keep the physical order?

Minimalist518 likes this.

12. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    Well, that’d work for pedal order/power jack issue, but the space between pedals is tight. If the delay is last in order but in the center of the board I have to pull it partially out in order to plug in the cable to the amp. Even a right-angle jack would require that. It’s a lot of effort for a pedal I think is only OK and only bought because it was on sale at GC.
    Thanks for the suggestion though and the spirit it was offered in!

El Tele Lobo and bottlenecker like this.

13. Budda45ftw

Budda45ftw Tele-Meister

Aug 21, 2017
    Rochester NY
    Boost and fuzz!

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I did an image search on "how small is yours" to check out some pedal boards.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. JoeNeri

JoeNeri Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Clarkdale, AZ
    Switch the tuner and the Bluesbreaker. Lid closing problem solved.

Yeah, I know it's blasphemy on this Forum to not have your tuner first in the chain, but I've never had a tuning problem with the tuner later in the chain. At least try it and see how you like it. FWIW.

16. JoeNeri

JoeNeri Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Clarkdale, AZ
    My "big" minimalist board...

Pedal Board.jpg

Chicago Stompworks Triangle Big Muff
    Boss PW-3 Wah
    MHP Ball Stone
    Carl's Custom Uni-Phaser

My "small" minimalist board...

DS-1.jpg

Vladimir and Minimalist518 like this.

17. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    Thanks! I used it with my Blues Jr. and Tele for several hours Sunday. Great little combination! I'm am thinking of taking the compressor off though and moving the Rat to the 1st position in order to put my Carbon Copy on board for those times I want a little slapback. It never ends. :lol:

troy2003 likes this.

18. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    I feel like I’m chasing my tail. I almost sold my compressor but tried it one more time (I looked up how to use it better) and now I love it, so back on board. Phase 90’s days are limited...I think

RetroTeleRod likes this.

19. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    The Mooer Yellow Comp is so tiny I'll still be able to stash it in the guitar case and have it along if I feel the need to use it. My minimalist board is growing apparently. :lol:

troy2003 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.