Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MIM Standard Strat Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by colchar, Mar 18, 2012.

1. amusicman4ever

amusicman4ever TDPRI Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Oregon
    My mim is a 2000-2001 and it has staggered pole pieces with the stock pickups.

2. Seneca SS

Seneca SS TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Dundee NY
    My Strat MIM I just picked up on Craigs List for $212.00:eek: inc. shipping to my door--Nice guitar:!:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. amusicman4ever

Mar 3, 2014
    Oregon

4. Jimcord1

Jimcord1 Tele-Holic

Sep 24, 2013
    Plainfield, IL
    Bought it 'used' last summer;looked un-played, still had plastic film on it.
    Killer deal, but that's not why I bought it. Bought it because of the way it played, felt, sounded and looked, the deal was gravy- would've paid 'full boat'.
    Stock, and staying that way.

Attached Files:

5. Monotremata

Monotremata Tele-Afflicted

Jan 7, 2013
    Covina, CA
    I'm in! Bought mine brand new in 96. Was my first new guitar after playing a beat up Ibanez RG550 for 5 years.. Black w/rosewood and it is pretty dreamy. Got a black HSS pickguard for it and threw a Duncan Distortion in it. Still 'tuxedoed' though since I never replaced the white parts hehe.. It was "the one" for all those years until it was dethroned last year by my Classic 60s Tele..

6. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    This is the closest I have at the moment, although I've been through a couple hundred over the years. 04 MIM body, no name tele neck, SD stacks at the neck and bridge, MIM middle, black aluminum guard, hardtail conversion bridge. I have a new graphite nut waiting for the next string change. I have to admit, even after flipping 500+ guitars over the last 12 years I STILL get excited to buy MIM Strats. Just love them.

[​IMG]

7. Yasawas

Yasawas TDPRI Member

May 12, 2014
    Scotland
    My first good guitar :*)

Bought as a Fat Strat in 1998 but I never really liked the humbucker so pounced on a Wilkinson pickguard/pickup assembly for cheap a few years ago. Jaguar knobs because I have alien sweat or something that turns regular knobs green and it's pretty disgusting, GraphTech saddles because 16 years of exuberant manhandling had corroded the originals so badly I felt the guitar deserved better. So many scratches, dings and memories, I love this thing.

Two things I would like to do still is replace is the tuners which have two screws each (top left and bottom right of the unit) but I've never seen a drop-in replacement and am not too confident in drilling my own. Anyone tried this and is it easy to do without making an arse of things? Also kind of want to replace the sustain block with a steel one but I can't locate one in Europe at all.

[​IMG]

8. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Dang. Every time I see a black/tort strat I want another one!

9. evilandy

evilandy Tele-Holic

Sep 20, 2010
    The South
    Some beautiful guitars here. It's been a while since this thread's been active, but I was wondering where you all go for your parts? In particular, the pickguards?

10. amusicman4ever

Mar 3, 2014
    Oregon
    I went to Warmoth to get my custom single humbucking and two pots guard.

11. amusicman4ever

Mar 3, 2014
    Oregon
    Mim

Attached Files:

12. amusicman4ever

Mar 3, 2014
    Oregon
    Mim body, Warmoth neck and guard.

Attached Files:

13. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Dec 26, 2014
    Walland, Tn
    I bought my candy cola MIM from a guy that belongs to my Masonic lodge. $125. It and my tele are the best guitars I own.

14. Buckman

Buckman TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    NGD: 1996 mim Strat. Traded for an amp head.

Attached Files:

15. Buckman

Buckman TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    Stratosphere.com

16. Gearhead88

Gearhead88 Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2012
    Alberta
    Here's mine , the only changes are the black pick guard , it was originally white .

[​IMG]

17. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    Here are my MIM Strats.
    White standard Strat, sonic blue 60's Classic player, surf green 50's classic series.
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1445215762.105630.jpg

18. Seegz

Seegz TDPRI Member

Jan 23, 2011
    UK
    My MIM Strat

Here is my 1998 brown sunburst.

I added an LSR roller nut, changed the pick-guard from white to black and changed the pick-ups to Custom Shop Texas Specials.

[​IMG]

19. jwag

jwag Tele-Meister

Aug 3, 2011
    Saint Louis
    Here's my 2011 MIM Standard, Lake Placid Blue...I love this Strat. I put some Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails Neck / Middle and Cool Rails in the bridge, and it sounds great.

The pic isn't that great, took it with my phone.

Attached Files:

20. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    "The Fender Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar is the guitar design that changed the world. This affordable model offers legendary Fender tone with classic styling, but at a price within reach of most budgets. The Fender Stratocaster includes three single-coil pickups, synchronized tremolo with high-mass bridge block, tinted neck, shielded body cavities, medium jumbo frets, parchment pickguard and '70s-style headstock logo. At this affordable price, why play anything but the real thing?"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.