Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MIM Standard Strat Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by colchar, Mar 18, 2012.

1. tschelle668

tschelle668 TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Indiana
    Just got this 2012 Olympic White MIM Strat today. Happy New Years!

I already replaced the strings and added 2 springs to the tremelo. Thinking of adding locking tuners and a new humbucker (for utlra-heavy Drop-D songs like Helmet). Are the Fender locking tuners worth it? What would be a good humbucker?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    Good playing and really awesome tone there!

3. makki_0709

makki_0709 TDPRI Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Locking tuners were one of the best upgrades I've done to my MIM strat. That and upgrading the pickups.

4. DTPBUSCHPILOT

DTPBUSCHPILOT Tele-Afflicted

Jul 21, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I'll play...

Started out Black and white stock from pawn shop:

[​IMG]

Then added Black accessories. Still deciding which bucker to add, Though kinda lean towards a SD pearly Gates.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  5. Homeside

Homeside TDPRI Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Australia
    I just got this 2013 model the other day. Fantastic look and feel...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    [​IMG]
    My MIM is more Mexican than yours:D Check out the color scheme and Flag, Red guitar,White pickguard, and green pickups:D

7. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    My favorite neck!

I love the neck on my 2010 Candy Apple.
    Surf's up!!!!

Attached Files:

8. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2010
    North Alabama
    Bought this ash 99/00 back in about 2005. Still stock.
    [​IMG]

9. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    My 2nd MIM strat is a '93 MIM strat body in black mated with a 2004 MIM standard maple neck. The neck had been used on a "wall art" strat for years before I bought it, so it was basically unused. American standard staggered tuners. Loaded with the Alnico 5/3 pickups from a Squier Simon Neil CV strat.

blackstrat.jpg
    [​IMG]

Neck tone, bridge tone, both 50s wiring, and a "bridge on in series" push pull tone pot furthest from the volume pot. Bridge + middle in series sounds great on this guitar and because of the wiring, that combination does not have a tone control. Neck/middle sounds great, too. I will probably re-wire it with a superswitch to be simpler.. there are a few positions I don't really care for, bridge+neck series, and bridge alone aren't that hot, bridge+(neck/mid) and middle alone are better sounding.

My first MIM strat is a 1996. I replaced the pickups with 3 fender custom shop pickups: CS69 neck, Fat 50's middle (so good), and CS54 bridge. The bridge/middle sounds great. A little bit more wear on this neck which is a bit slimmer than the other... and that is the original bright white pickguard.

[​IMG]

10. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

I'm in with another MIM CAR Standard Strat, an '09-'10 I got last month. It gets play just about as much as my Agile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted

Mar 5, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    I'm in. Just bought a MIM strat; dark red with a maple neck. It's five years old.

12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

MF Called This a MIM Standard FSR No Pickguard

May I play?

[​IMG]

The neck, bridge, pickups, really everything but the body and the means of attaching the pickups and (fewer) pots is '06 MIM Standard. Or was, until I made a few changes like thicker jack prong, hardened mount screws, strap locks, tuning machines, Callaham block, etc. Sure sounds and plays like most MIM Standards and I love the volume knob locale.

13. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

Aug 6, 2012
    The only Strat I've ever bonded with. An 06, and I plan to keep it forever!

ForumRunner_20130726_231141.jpg

14. Loco

Loco Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2003
    Dorset, England
    This is my Arctic White Standard from 2001/2 - they called 'em Fat Strats in those days:

[​IMG]

The only upgrade I've made is from one of these:

[​IMG]

to one of these:

[​IMG]

15. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    Got both these MIM Standard Strats in Craigslist trades.

This one is a black body HSS model with rosewood fretboard. 2002 model.

A relative had given me a brand new Nintendo Wii for Christmas in 2011 and I never opened it as I don't play videogames anymore (too old). I kept it for a year and figures Christmas 2012 I could put it on Craigslist for trade and get a lot of interest and a nice guitar for it! Well, I started posting it in November 2012 and although I got a lot of interest no good guitar trade offers came in. Some guy finally offered a Squier 51 but when I told him I could meet he said there would be too much traffic so we never met.

Finally in February of this year, 2013, I posted the Wii and some local gent replied that he had a FenderStrat for trade. I figured it was probably a Squier so I asked for pictures and it was a freaking MIM Standard!!! He also said he has a case, picks, strap and an amp to go with it as well. Keep in mind that by February 2013 Nintendo already had a new videogame system out so getting rid of the Wii for a good guitar was very unlikely.

We met in a local restaurant parking lot on a chilly night around 8 and showed each other our stuff. The guy had a wife and kids and the Wii was going to be a present for the kids. The guy said he got the Strat as a present as a teenager and never used it once! It was MINTY even though it was 11 years old! So the trade worked out and we both went home happy.

The amp turned out to be a Vox Pathfinder 15R. The Strat came with one of the classic American Fender Straps that Fender's been making since the 1970's or so that come w/ American Standards and stuff. The guitar case was a very nice SKB. I looked it up and it was a $100 case I believe. The Strings on the Strat were rusty but I just replaced them and it's all good now!

If I hadn't of posted that ad at 3 PM that afternoon I wouldn't now have this Strat and that's a very funny realization realizing you probably shouldn't own something but in fact do. If I had posted the ad at 2 or 4 PM the guy may have never seen it. Strange.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I traded my Squier Classic Vibe and Vox 15R I got in the trade about for a Epiphone Flying V. I put the Flying V on Craigslist almost immediately after getting it. That's one of the reasons I like trading, you end up owning stuff you never would otherwise: in my case - the Flying V.

Anyway, I put the ad up at 10 PM on a Saturday night and mailed a few people looking for trades. One of the emails I sent was to a guy with a mint Fender Standard Strat. Turns out he wanted it! So I meet him the next day and we trade. He was like 50 and actually owned multiple Flying V. His main guitar since like 1984 was a Jackson Randy Rhoades he showed me. I think he's the only 50 year old guy playing Flying V in our whole town so that was very lucky to find him.

He picked up this 2006 Midnight Wine SSS Standard Strat w/ maple fretboar at a estate sale and said that a "rich kid" had bought it new and never used it. It's mint! So I have 2 mint Fender Standard Strats now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are pictures of the other stuff I mentioned:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. rat66

rat66 TDPRI Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Australia
    My 2004. Picked it for $300 on ebay (a great price here in OZ). Hardly played. Only a couple of things done to it. I put 5 springs on and decked the bridge, changed to 10-46 strings, did a bridge pickup tone mod, then got a pro setup. Love this guitar :D

[​IMG]

17. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

Mar 22, 2010
    Ohio
    2010 with D. Allen Hot 54/59's on board.

Attached Files:

18. amusicman4ever

amusicman4ever TDPRI Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Oregon
    Here's my sage green mim...that darn Pat Travers wrote on it though..lol

Attached Files:

19. amusicman4ever

amusicman4ever TDPRI Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Oregon
    Trying again...sage green mim

Attached Files:

20. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    Here's my new 2013 "FSR" MIM Standard HSS. One question: Do MIM standard SC pickups normally have staggered pole pieces? This one does...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.