Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MIM Standard Strat Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by colchar, Mar 18, 2012.

1. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

I took a quick look and didn't see a MIM Standard Strat club (it is entirely possible that there is one that I just missed though) so I decided to start one.

So let's see all of the MIM Standard Strats out there!

I just rejoined the Fender and Strat families yesterday when I picked up a new MIM Standard and I am thoroughly impressed with the improvements they have made in this model even over the 2010 one that I used to own.

Here are a couple of photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SteveGangi

SteveGangi Tele-Holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Van Nuys CA
    I'm in, with a '96 MIM standard that I bought from one of the TPDRI forum members. It's black with a rosewood neck.

3. porknblue

porknblue Tele-Holic

Dec 27, 2007
    South Bend, IN
    I'll play...

I've got quite a few Strats; American Standard, American Deluxe, Deluxe, Classic, FSR, Clapton and MIJ. All very nice guitars but this MIM Standard is my #1 Strat. It's a 2006; Arctic White, stock tuners, stock tremolo and 60th button. Mods to this one are all electrics/wiring re-done to American specs, Custom Shop Fat 50s, Mint Green pickguard and trem cover, aged white plastic, GraphTech nut and US standard string tree. Great player, nice tone and it has some "Quack". This one never seems to make it into a case or up on a wall hanger. It is always occupying one, of my two, guitar stands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. roadkillbill

roadkillbill Tele-Holic

Jun 23, 2006
    Va.
    Good idea for a club. There's always a lot of discussion about the relative merits of these vs. USA, and everybody's got an opinion one way or another... here's mine, based solely on the two examples I've got:

The MIM sunburst here, a '95, is one of the most playable guitars I've got. Very comfortable neck, well finished frets, the darkest rosewood I've seen on one of these...mods include graphtech saddles and Rio Grande Dual Calibrated Set pickups.

The USA on the right (1991) is a fine guitar, but I'd rather play the MIM. The neck may be very well finished overall, more so than the MIM but it just doesn't work for me as well.
    The Made in Mexico strat is a great guitar, and second to none in the big scheme of things, IMO>

[​IMG]

5. marc13

marc13 Tele-Meister

Mar 24, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    I'm in! 1999 MIM Fender std strat. In black, rosewood board, bone stock.

Attached Files:

6. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 20, 2008
    Alabama
    My '07 Standard Strat (stock except bone nut).

Attached Files:

7. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

Nice to see some other white Strats, especially with maple fingerboards!

I was never a big fan of white Strats until I bought the one pictured above. I bought it based on comfort and playability and would likely have bought it even if it had been purple! Now that I have it, the colour is growing on me more and more and is fast becoming my favourite Strat colour. I guess that is proof that beauty is more than skin deep!

8. bugo

bugo Tele-Holic

Jul 29, 2006
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    The white one is mine, the blue one is my brother's. Mine is a 2006 Standard HSS, and his is a 2009 Standard HSS. I sold him the blue one because I had another HSS Strat and I had another Lake Placid Blue guitar.

[​IMG]

9. Liam92

Liam92 TDPRI Member

Jan 22, 2012
    United Kingdom
    My new 2012 model left handed MIM Arctic White Strat.
    Next to it is my 2011 model MIM Lake Placid Blue Tele :)

Attached Files:

10. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

I took some more photos of mine recently so figured I might as well post them here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's

Jun 26, 2005
    W. Palm Beach
    When I first bought this guitar it was a MIM Standard but after some mods over the years it has become more of a partscaster.

original
    [​IMG]

first mod
    [​IMG]

kinda current configuration
    [​IMG]

12. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Dec 2, 2006
    NY
    It looks great. Just as information, in case you are interested Warmoth sells black-red-black pickguards , would look killer with the red lace logos.

13. KP Will

KP Will Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2010
    Foothill Farms, CA
    Okay, I will play.

Started like this..

[​IMG]

To this..

[​IMG]

Finally this..

[​IMG]

Running Custom Shop '69 pups, CTS pots and a .047 PIO cap.

2 Headed Goat likes this.
  14. Elibrown09

Elibrown09 TDPRI Member

Jan 12, 2012
    image-2643696495.jpg

2001 mim standard black on black bone stock

15. zendriveseven

zendriveseven TDPRI Member

Apr 13, 2012
    New Jersey
    2004 MIM Standard in Sage Green Metallic

I bought it last month and it was fiited with Seymour Duncan (JB/59) pup's and the wrong sized American saddles. (3-3/16") Got it very cheap and it came with a Fender Chainsaw case.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Changes:

1) I already had a set of Fender Locking tuners, so I installed them.
    2) Installed a set of Graph Tech (3-1/16th) saddles
    3) Initially replaced the SD pup's with Custom 69's I had. Sounded ok, but they can be put to better use on a future Strat.
    4) Installed an older set of EMG (active) DG-20 Gilmour Pup's I had laying around. They work well with this guitar, and I'm glad I put them to use again.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Overall a really nice playing/sounding guitar now. I'm bringing it to band practice tomorrow to put ot through it's paces.

16. zendriveseven

zendriveseven TDPRI Member

Apr 13, 2012
    New Jersey
    Playing it along with a Toad the Wet Sprocket song. (EMG DG-20 pups)

17. midnightblu

midnightblu TDPRI Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    2005 Standard Strat Midnight Wine
    [​IMG]

stratguitar577 likes this.
  18. makki_0709

makki_0709 TDPRI Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Another white strat

I thought I'd join in on the fun and add another white MIM strat in the mix.

Here's my 2008 MIM (not so standard) Standard Stratocaster HSS. Aside from replacing the pickguard with a black one, I had the stock pickups swapped out for Seymour Duncan Vintage Staggereds for the neck and middle, and a Custom 5 for the bridge a couple of years back.

I'm still loving these pickups! Vast improvement over stock.

One of pics is a side by side with my first telecaster - the 60th Anniversary BGB.

--Makki

Attached Files:

19. ecrawf099

ecrawf099 TDPRI Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I have a '94 MIM Strat. Love mine.

Attached Files:

20. Sacdubro

Sacdubro Tele-Meister

Aug 21, 2007
    Sacramento, Ca.
    I just joined the club last week. Found a mint condition '06 Wht/RW with gig-bag, case candy sealed in the bag, plastic still on the pick & back plate, and Anniversary Button for $285! Took it my Luthier for set-up and it's good to go.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.