Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MIM Standard Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by mudbean, Jan 8, 2009.

1. bh1812

bh1812 Tele-Meister

Jun 23, 2013
    Florida
    Welcome, Kaindee! Austria! Beautiful country, never been there but seen a lot of pictures. I have a 2012 tele mexi standard and love it. bought it used at GC and from what I can tell everything is still stock. Love it, great sustain, tele twang.

Love your black tele! beautiful guitar.

bill

2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Welcome to the forums Jurgen. Nice looking paisley Tele. Very sharp combination.

3. Kaindee

Kaindee TDPRI Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Linz (Austria)
    Thanks for the compliments and the nice Welcome here.

Last Friday I finally got my Vintage-Style Bridge, NOW it´s perfect for me. :p

[​IMG]

4. jorbjorb

jorbjorb Tele-Meister

Jul 18, 2012
    Winnipeg
    my MIM tele plays amazing wouldn't sell or trade.

5. jdaunt

jdaunt Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2011
    Flint
    Posted this in the Main Telecaster forum too, but just finished modding my MIM Standard Ash Tele. Put Wilkinson brass compensated saddles, a black humbucker pickguard to replace the brown tortoise shell one, put a GFS Bigmouth humbucker in the neck, a 4-way switch wired for Bridge/Parallel/Series/Neck, a 500k CTS pot, .033 Paper-In-Oil cap, 250k CTS Push Pull pot for coil splitting.
    Bigmouth is perfect for the Tele, reviews i found said it was a single coil-like humbucker, and i definitely agree. Has a sweetness to it when you dial back the volume pot, but has plenty of crunch and power when you want it too. Mixes really well with the stock bridge pup in parallel and series too.

image-3924863208.jpg

jimeadams likes this.

6. jefffam

jefffam TDPRI Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    I have a '92-'93 MIM Telecaster that I recently bought. the previous owner, 1 back, reliced it and did a bad job of it. Eventually it will get a total repaint and repair.(They damaged some of the wood, :( ) It still plays well, although some further tweaking is needed. My first Telecaster and I really enjoy it.

Attached Files:

7. merlinskw

merlinskw TDPRI Member

Apr 6, 2015
    texas
    My 2012 cabronita...loving this guitar

Attached Files:

8. Joshua Query

Joshua Query NEW MEMBER!

Jun 7, 2015
    Indiana
    My '98 MIM Tele.

Attached Files:

9. SynMike

SynMike Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2013
    Vancouver BC
    I bought this Standard Telecaster because of the other one below this one:

[​IMG]

This Black Paisley is basically a Standard Telecaster apart from the graphic finish. It is my favorite guitar and I want it to stay looking as close to new as possible for many years to come. So the white one above is my daily player, same specs, feel and sound as this:

FSR
    [​IMG]

10. mitisz

mitisz TDPRI Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Hungary
    90's MIM Toploaders are AWESOME.

I have on as well, almost the same as yours (only difference is the pickguard).

[​IMG]

I love it. The feeling you get with a toploader is awesome with the string tension lowered, also for my ears the sound is gentler, not so punishing to the ears with higher notes. So good old tele tone, just better, to my feels and ears. It's all subjective of course, but I'm on this side of the fence :D
    So yeah, just wanted to add that Toploader Telecasters are awesome, spread the word! :D :)

11. Manolete

Manolete Friend of Leo's

Feb 19, 2011
    Here
    I'm back in the Tele gang! I've messed around with partscasters and Frankensteins for a while, but last night my father-in-law cut me a tidy deal on a brand new MIM Tele. He won it online and doesn't play. He also didn't want tire-kickers and case-the-joint-ers coming round to their house, so I went over with my Vox Pathfinder last night and played it for a couple of hours. Great guitar! Fender are at the top of their game with the MIM stuff at the moment, in my opinion.

12. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

This is my FSR Cabronita Telecaster MIM paired to a Vox AC30C2 Greenbacks... it's becoming more and more my "go to" rig... hardly ever play any of the others... at first I thought of replacing the pickguard, then pups and don't forget the bridge, one must change the bridge as per so many forums... strings don't line up... bla bla bla
    The more I play this rig the more I like it the way it is... I'm even getting heaps of compliments about MY tone...

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

13. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 24, 2004
    Endicott, NY
    HAHA!!
    I know what you mean - I have a Thinline Cabronita and have heard - and thought - all the same things. I even bought a stacked vol/tone pot to add the "necessary" tone control.
    The guitar is still bone stock and one of my favorite guitars to play!!

Here's my Cab...
    [​IMG]

And here's the Standard I just picked up yesterday.
    Another completely stock MIM Tele...and all-around SWEET guitar...
    [​IMG]

14. mikespe

mikespe Tele-Afflicted

Feb 27, 2007
    Western New York
    These are both of my MIM Standards...the Tele I bought about 8 years ago and I really love playing it. It sounded great through my Blues Jr but sounds even BETTER through my 65 PRRI! I just got the strat about a month ago and I love it just as much as the tele. Right now it is my go to mostly because of it's versatility. It's a HSH with a coil split...I get the best of single coil & the best of humbucker...but I will say the HB's have a different tone from Gibson style HB's....

This picture has my complete Fender fix...for the time being!

11742667_10204767534963592_6171157742718331582_n.jpg

15. Jonne

Jonne TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Finland
    Here's my 2014 lpb MIM Standard tele. Great guitar, resonant, just the right weight for me (3,4kg), and the neck is straight with excellent fretwork. I have replaced the bridge and tuners with vintage style ones. Also changed the pickguard to one with no pickup screw holes. Changed the pickups to more vintage style alnico pups too.
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1448526153.096281.jpg

16. Cabronitavoxman

image.jpeg
    Still using the same rig... nothing's changed... :)

17. Cabronitavoxman

image.jpeg

This is the rest of the rig...

18. Donnie55

Donnie55 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Jacksonville , Fl.

19. MarkJuuuch

MarkJuuuch TDPRI Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Did anyone else's MIM Tele come with pickups that had really off height?

20. Donnie55

Donnie55 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Jacksonville , Fl.
    Depends on what yer calling really off.. All the ones I have seen have been somewhere in the ball park.. With that said , typically just about any new guitar is going to need to be setup to your personal preference.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.