Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MIM Standard Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by mudbean, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mudbean

mudbean Friend of Leo's

MIM Standard Tele Owners Club

Hugo made me do it ... Let's start a Fender Mexican Standard Tele owners club! Post pics of your babies, don't forget to mention any mods you've done.

My 2007 'burst. I swapped the pickups for a set of Keystones - the original ones, with the uncovered neck pup. My camera & photo skills blow (so you can't see it well), but I like that the woodgrain is quite visible in the middle area of the body:

[​IMG]

The other end:

[​IMG]

I like this "figuring" on the back of the neck - is this the grain, or production scarring? It feels completely smooth, I'm thinkin woodgrain.

[​IMG]

There was a thread about this recently ... my string ferrules are not flush - the flange rests on the back of the guitar. (The string ferrules on my Vintage Hot Rod '52 are flush with the back).

[​IMG]

Okey dokey, amigos ... sign up!! Let's see your MIM Standards!

mud

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009

2. Teleblooz

Teleblooz Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2006
    Hillsboro, OR
    OK, you asked for it...
    [​IMG]
    2002 Agave Blue
    Modifications from stock: B/W/B scratchplate to replace original W/B/W, new MIA Fender bridge pickup (after a brief flirtation with a SD Lil '59), 4-way switch, Wilkinson 3-saddle bridge w/steel saddles, reversed control plate.

3. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

Here's one of mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. awfulguitarnois

awfulguitarnois Tele-Holic

Dec 27, 2008
    Midwest
    '00 MIM standard...

Hi,

Just joined, so these pics were in the welcome forum, but what the hey. I just got this so there are no mods. It's in perfect condition.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'll be looking to make some upgrades in the future, but right now I stink anyhow, so it would be a waste. I am going to put 10s on it, though, as I like that gauge better.

5. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

Here's another done this Winter...w/ a GFS Mini-Bucker in the Neck Position, and a Nice MIJ 62RI Neck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 18, 2004
    North Carolina
    2004 Agave Blue.

tele.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009

7. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 26, 2005
    W. Palm Beach
    Did you say Agave Blue?
    [​IMG]

8. xbouncer

xbouncer TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2009
    USA
    Heres the one i just bought
    (sorry theres no strings on it i took the pics right after puttin the pick guard on it :lol:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. roger ebelrin

roger ebelrin Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2008
    sandy hook
    Here is my white MIM, S/D quarter Pounds. New pick guard, new electronics. Reversed control plate with Gibson style selector switch, three barrel ashtray bridge.

Attached Files:

10. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 18, 2004
    North Carolina
    Great mods you've done. I hate it's a discontinued color. I think on Fender's color chart it was Blue Agave.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009

11. Mojohand40

Mojohand40 Tele-Afflicted

Oct 17, 2005
    manassas,va
    my White '06 has been more or less my main axe since I bought it new in '06.
    (Far right in the pic)
    It's heavy as heck, got a little fret sprout, some fret wear and I've had to adjust the truss rod more then I think I've should...it's completely stock...but, hey what can I say?
    I bonded with it and that's that.
    Sure I like my '52ri (The butterscotch second from the right) as well as the rest of the collection (some of which isn't shown)...but if someone asked which is your MAIN guitar...and I HAD to pick one...well, the old white 06 mim would be it. Not the most expensive nor the prettiest, but I like it.

Incedently; this is my second MIM...The first was a black one back around '93...I stupidly traded it for a Mandolin...I still miss it.

[​IMG]

12. JohnQ

JohnQ TDPRI Member

Jul 22, 2008
    NC
    Mud, that's a beautiful guitar.

I've got a 2005 MIM burst that'll be here any day now so maybe I can hold this spot for the pics:D

13. Starting 2 Old

Starting 2 Old Tele-Meister Platinum Supporter

Jan 8, 2009
    Texas
    Chrome Red 2008, amp arrived last night. Both my first, probably not my last.

Attached Files:

14. telemon1

telemon1 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Oregon Coast
    workin' on one now in oly white

15. doggy1972

doggy1972 Tele-Meister

Aug 1, 2008
    Sheffield, UK
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nellie. 2007 in Artic white. Wilkinson compensated saddles and Modern vintage (8502) pickups. Plays really nice but, I might replace the bridge pup for something with an alnico V

16. maestrovert

maestrovert Poster Extraordinaire

That is known as Medullary figuring, it shows up best in quarter sawn wood...

i've got a couple 3 MIM Stds 'round here somewheres ;)

an '04 in midnight wine in stock form
    an '05 in midnight blue with Coloriffic guard, EMG T P-ups, an' TDPRI'er Tim Wallis' Timara string drop & G/B bender
    an '08 in white in stock form

[​IMG]

17. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc
    i'm in! my 2002 MIM is stock; no mods at all. love it just the way it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Hecks

Hecks Tele-Meister

Jan 29, 2006
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Count me in. My one and only '05/'06 with a Fender 3 saddle bridge. Got it new in '06 but it may go in a trade up for a black '09.
    [​IMG]

19. blackbelt308

blackbelt308 Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    My first MIM Std, a two-piece ash FSR (2006), is now sporting BL's Wilde pickups, a vintage bridge with Glendale saddles, dome knobs and a B/W/B guard. I have higher end Teles but this is still a great-sounding guitar that is a lot of fun to play!

[​IMG]

Here's another MIM Std body in my stable, currently paired with a '69 Thinline RI neck. It was originally arctic white (1999) but has yellowed nicely to a cream color. It's got SD Hot for Tele pups and a 5-way switch (the bridge pup is tapped). Yes, that's Chrissie with the upraised fist!

[​IMG]

Ciao!
    Rick

20. martin82

martin82 Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    My '06, modded with a Terrapin guitar pickguard, new bridge plate and brass bridges, and DiMarzio Twang King pup's

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.