Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Michael's '54 Telecaster

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Frank'n'censed, May 14, 2017.

1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    My buddy's guitarist, Michael, invested in a number of vintage guitars, many years ago & brought one of his older teles to today's gig, playing it for the final set. According to him, (I'm no expert), it's all original, except for the neck pickup, (he has the original) and a refret. The original owner, (Dan), carved his name in the back & they feel he sanded his ex's name off the front face, (behind the bridge plate). It's very light & has a great, chunky, slight V neck! He says his '56 tele's neck has a more pronounced V.
    The guitar was purchased in L.A. & my theory is her name was Sandy, inspiring the Desert Sand '50's Baja Telecasters

IMG_0431.JPG

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    rob2, Stubee and brookdalebill like this.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

3. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I'll second that. Nice pic.

4. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2006
    Arizona
    Fantastic to see it out being played live.

When I was in high school, I took jazz band as an elective. My instructor has a 53 Esquire and a 54 goldtop Les Paul, both of which he's been playing live, locally, for probably 30 years. Nothing else in his collection either. Just those two guitars, being loved and played often for all these years.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.