Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Michael Kelly 1953 tele vs G&L Asat Tribute tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by bbdowns124, Mar 30, 2017.

1. whitecloud

whitecloud TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Pullman WA
    http://www.tdpri.com/threads/ngd-g-l-tribute-asat-classic-butterscotch-blond.767677/
    Disregard the first set of pics, go with these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As far as how this G&L compares to the Michael Kelly, no contest G&L by a mile as far as playability. I may favor the neck profile so that is personal opinion but setup and frets better as well. MK do look cool and seem well put together so perhaps consistency issues maybe some play better out of the box, I would think the local shop would spend a bit of time with it before hanging it on the rack. All I did right out of the gates was give neck relief, adjust a couple saddle and re-string. After a couple days had to tighten input jack. Hope this helps

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.