Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MF Stupid Deal today - two boom mic stands for $21 (delivered)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Apr 21, 2017.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    FWIW - they run this deal from time to time but I haven't seen it as low as $21 for two booms.

I used these stands on gigs for two years and they were ok. I still have two in my music room and two more in the boxes. Vocals/amps/drums.......handy.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

Cheap (price) as all heck!

[​IMG]

soulman969 likes this.

2. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    Woah! Our mic stands are in sad shape. Most use some terrible combination of velcro ties and duct tape to kind of hold things in place. These have to be better than that. Just ordered 4. Thanks John. Just what I needed (Ben, we still miss you . . .).

3. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Thanks for the heads up!

4. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks, picked up a couple. Always need boom stands.

Especially at that price.

5. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I think the last time they did one boom and one 20' XLR for $25 (something like that).

I wonder how many boom stands you can fit in one cargo container. I wonder if they do this when they land a cargo container full of stands. The boom stand boxes are about 3" x 3" x 3'. It's also crazy when a full sized guitar box shows up on my door with 2 boom stand boxes in it (and a lot of crumpled paper). I always wonder what sort of freight rate they have negotiated with UPS. Crazy.

o_O

soulman969 likes this.

6. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006

The margins in the plant in Jinah have got to be tight.

7. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    I dunno but it has to be one hell of a lot less than they charge us Moe's when we ship something. My only insight into it was the shipping on my Roland BC 60 which goes about 42lbs for the amp alone. It was shipped from a GC in MA in a box large enough to hold a small appliance or a big screen TV and must have had a shipping weight at least 50% higher. It was $12.50. That's it.

I've priced out the shipping on pedals that cost that much!

8. Tele1966

Tele1966 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    John, thanks for the heads up! I picked up a couple.

9. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

Nov 10, 2006
    Churchville, NY
    darn, sold out.

10. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA area
    About two weeks ago I got 2 boom stands and 2 20' XLR cables for $25.00. They did come with a whole lot of butcher paper! So maybe the deal will come back around in some form.

Neither the stands nor the cables are anybody's idea of heavy-duty but as backup stuff and/or for a weekend-warrior musician, they work just fine. I had just bought an OnStage mic stand from the local mom and pop for about $25.00 and the quality was about equivalent. The XLRs are nothing to write home about but I'm not a touring musician so 1) durability isn't as huge of an issue and 2) why would I write home if I am already at home and not out on tour?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.