Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mesa Mark V:25 owners attention: Dumble tone hidden in there

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by homesick345, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    I'm not even so sure about that 5-10% being inherent or specific to those amps. There are a number of variables. Speakers, guitars, pickups, and most importantly that no two Dumble amps sound exactly the same, as they are all customized to the user.

homesick345 likes this.

2. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 20, 2012
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Definitely

3. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay, gave it another shot and it's much more in the neighborhood. Not sure if I missed a setting or if it was just one of those days where my ears were different, but I can hear it now. I have the combo so I have less low end, so that took a tweak or two.

Pretty slick!

I think Mesa is undermarketing the flexibility of this amp. Seems like they target the heavier rock crowd with it but it's capable of SO much more. I think it would appeal to a much broader range of players if Mesa really featured some of its lower gain tones and not just the scooped "V" eq settings at high gain....which apparently also require the player to dress in black, grimace angrily, and wear wristbands :D (and okay, I'll admit that I like some of those tones too). The Clean and Fat setting of channel 1 alone are phenomenal on their own and as pedal platforms. I've found a lot of very nice lower gain tones on channel 2.

homesick345 likes this.

4. notabot

notabot TDPRI Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Way out back...
    Just got done playing around with these settings on my V:35. My neighbors are all around so I can't get it louder but I like what I'm hearing so far!

Thanks!

homesick345 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.