Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Meet The "Ultimate" Blues Jr. (NOS Tubes, G12H, BillM, etc)

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by NCSUZoSo, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

Feb 4, 2009
    Phx, AZ
    Total - $824

I have a 1st Gen Blues Jrwith some Bill mods, Ruby tank etc....then I got a '63 Brown Deluxe (modded w/larger transformers and a Jensen speaker) for $1,000.

Anyone want to buy my really clean Blues Jr. with some Bill M mods? ;)

2. NCSUZoSo

NCSUZoSo Tele-Meister

Sep 26, 2013
    North Carolina
    lol, like I said previously, you pull out the G12H and put the stock back in, it's then $624

3. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2013
    KS
    That's the purpose of compression, makes low volume louder and pushes down high volume so that dynamics are same wether you pick harder or softer.

4. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2010
    Fullerton CA
    $800 for a Blues Jr.?
    For about $100, I can put two EL-84 Yellowjackets in my $600 Deluxe Reverb for "that" sound, and still have two channels, tremolo, better reverb, a tube rectifier, a bigger cab made of real wood, and money left over for the Texas Heat.
    And I didn't burn my fingers on that dang soldering iron.

5. NCSUZoSo

NCSUZoSo Tele-Meister

Sep 26, 2013
    North Carolina
    Who paid $800 for a Blues Junior?

Also this may come as a huge surprise, but some people like to mod and solder.. it was one of the main reasons I chose the amp. I could have purchased a used Blues Jr. and knocked about $200 off the total price. All of this has been discussed in this thread.

Not everyone wants a huge amp like the Deluxe Reverb, that btw has no master volume control. If you want breakup at low levels you have to resort to pedals, that does away with all of your tube prowess. This is the main reason you could not get me to trade with you if you had a gun to my head. This is a home practice amp, not a gig amp.

Thanks for your input and yes I understand the basics of a compression pedal, but I wasn't aware I couldn't change the volume without touching the amp with it engaged.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.