Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

May get to split a show with some Legendary Musicians!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Grux, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    So, our band leader was talking to a club owner here last week that he knows pretty well about last weeks bands. The Wooten Bros have played here in Clarksville twice now at this place, and I didn't even know it. This owner has been on us for a while to come back and play there (we haven't gigged in a while), and so when our band leader asked how the Wooten bros crowd was the owner replied, "It wasn't like you guys bring."

So we're gonna ask him to book both of us next year, and surely he'll go for it! Man I'm pumped at the thought of meeting and opening for the Wooten Bros and bringing them a huge crowd! Only time will tell if this goes through but I'm excited man!

Mike Eskimo, Jakedog, Mike SS and 7 others like this.

2. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    That would be quite the experience. I hope it happens.

Grux likes this.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    What a thrill! Hope it all works out!

Grux likes this.

4. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    I don't know if I'd play outta my mind good or be so starstruck and nervous that I'd really suck (and I'm leaning on the latter lol) but I guess it'd be the most memorable gig of my life thus far either way!

5. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    I got an empty pack of Marlboro menthol signed by victor when Bela fleck played Pensacola jazz fest in 93. It was all I had and we had never heard them before. I am not an autograph person but he impressed the hell out of me.

He said, "you know these are bad for you right?" With a big grin.

Cool guy, hope it happens for you, that would be something.

There is an acoustic bass signed by him at a local store. I have been tempted.

Grux likes this.

6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Like Victor and his brothers? If so, you are in for a treat. Tell 'em hello for me!

Grux likes this.

7. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    Yeah, hopefully Victor can come from what I gather he was there this past time they played. They 'book' as Regi Wooten and Friends, but Joe usually comes and they say Victor does when he isn't booked somewhere else but he never knows. I don't think Futureman comes but damn Regi and Joe are awesome too!

Paul in Colorado likes this.

8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I'd met Victor a bunch of times at bass clinics and the like. He came through town with his brothers and I was amazed at how good they were. I got to hang out with them after the show. Good people. Enjoy the show!

Grux likes this.

9. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    WGS "Wicked Good Sandwiches"

Oh and I've seen you play before man! You had the hot licks for "Geezer" correct?

sonicsmitty likes this.

10. sonicsmitty

sonicsmitty Tele-Meister

Jan 2, 2012
    Clarksville, TN
    Not sure how "hot" they were, but thanks man! Let me know the date and I'll try to get there.

Grux likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.