Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

May Backing Tracks

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Apr 30, 2015.

1. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Thanks Ullrich - my inner teenager really loves that period of rock music. I think I was born a decade too late... :(

2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    haha Phil, I like the intro and really like your sound . I can hear those Jimi licks nicely and some nice playing , well done!

3. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Mark you tried and you succeeded . First thoughts when I hear you open is the Ventures style which I thought it was pretty cool and thought you played nicely to this track ,I enjoyed it.

4. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Mike - I love that sweeping rotary thing. Nicely done.

6. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany

7. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Well, Mark, firstly you deserve acjknowledgement for playing the complete title - as you will notice, I preferred to shorten it.

Secondly, with your coutious playing and that beautiful guitar sound you created a very dreamy athmoshpere. Well done!

8. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Mike, beautiful guitar sounds on that. Though you went soundwise a different way than Mark, the outcome is comparable: a nice, cautious playing create a track with a dreamy athmosphere. Good work!

9. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    That's a well put together track Ullrich! Bravo , I love the bass in this track it adds a hint of Mariachi style to it and your guitars have country tone with very nice call and response . Lovely playing and your sound was very good , well done Ullrich! This is one of my favorite recording that you done here .

10. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Ulrich - I like the panned guitars especially in the beginning. You added a bass track too. That was good idea, that should have occurred to me. Another acoustic too! Maybe I should try this with mandolin.

11. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thank you both for listening

12. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    This post intentionally blank.

Last edited: May 24, 2015

13. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Thank you both very much for your comments. To the sound:

The bass is a cheap Dean bass, recorded through Golden Age preamp and compressor, pimped with a cab simulation.

The guitar on the left is the new American Standard. In the first half it is played through the Mesa´s clean mode; ribbon mic, GAP preamp and compressor (ratio 1:2, quickest attack, 400 ms recovery).

When it gets distorted, the Tele is recorded via the Engl´s direct out, as well as the guitar on the right, Mustang Special with different pickup variations.

14. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    I hope so. I love mandolin sound.

15. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I have Dean bass too.An Edge Q4. $75 in a pawn shop. I think the battery is dead or it needs work inside. I just had it out a minute ago.

Last edited: May 24, 2015

16. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

17. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Phil, when I read your text, I admit I frowned a little; I couldn´t imagine that would sound good, paning the original bt completrely to one side. Well, I was completely wrong!

The duet in the beginning sounds real sweet, as if it had been intended and recorded this way. And then, the big surprise!! The voice of Phil, and even more, two Phils singing the refrain!

Man, I love that!

18. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    That is very cool recording Phil!Your narrating and singing was very nice , you're a braver man than I and nicely played. It matched the backing track well , at some points I couldn't tell the difference between backing track and your playing . Very nice!

19. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Phil now I know all the words. After all these years! Very well thought out. Your playing the on outro was very fluid.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.