Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

matching cabs for amp head, reverb tank and 1x10 speaker

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Jef, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Jef

Jef Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I finally got around to building a matching 1x10’ cab for my amp head and reverb unit.

The amp is a Fenderish preamp coupled to a fixed biased 2xEL84 power amp. I built it with a replancement PT for a Vox AC15 and the OT from a 69 Bandmaster Reverb. The oversized OT makes for tons of low end, more than I ever heard out of a pair of el84s.

The reverb tank is based on the Premier model 90 reverberation unit, but with stronger filtering and noise reduction.

I wanted it to look pleasing and fit into my living room interior. I don’t play guitar in a band any more, just bass, but still want to have a nice rig handy for noodling at home. Works great, except that it can be a little bit loud…

I used two shades of vinyl with a woodgrain pattern ("fruitwood" and "walnut") and gold piping. Now I only have to design and make frontplates...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    awasson, kneedeepinit and sds1 like this.

2. D'tar

D'tar Tele-Holic

Jan 11, 2013
    WNY
    Hey thats pretty sweet. Id have that in my living room! Nice job.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.