Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mastery Trem routing

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Widerange Hum, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Widerange Hum

Widerange Hum Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

May 14, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    I've got a Mastery trem on the way for a new build, but wanted to get the body routed today. It's the one that is NOT shaped exactly like a standard Fender unit, and while I THINK a standard Jazz trem rout will be fine (because I think it's just the top plate that's shaped differently), I can neither get an answer from their customer service people nor find any info online to confirm this. Gotta love companies with near zero competition who feel no compulsion to respond to stupid, first-time customer inquiries.

So does anyone know? Is the standard rout kosher?

2. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    No idea. Personally, I never rout for anything until I have it in my hand.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. TimTam

TimTam Tele-Meister

Jun 4, 2010
    Melbourne
    maybe try over on the offsetguitars forum. probably more mastery experts there.

4. Widerange Hum

May 14, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    I went with Plan C: go ahead and rout it and hope for the best. But seriously, I'm 90% sure it fits the standard rout. And if not, I should be able to make the necessary modifications.

5. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Holic

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    I came up against this same question and was surprised that I couldnt find a template drawing on the net or anything from Mastery.

It fits the standard route fine but it is guesswork to place it so that moving parts are not touching the front of back of the cutout. The trem lock cutout is of course redundant, but doesnt hurt anything.

You can make yourself a template of the base plate out of tracing paper and sit that over your route to make sure it is placed correctly. I used the method of mounting the neck and placing both E strings over the bridge to align the trem side to side.

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/firey-jazzy-caster-finished.814138/

6. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    the standard rout will be fine.... I've done many . . .

rk

BorderRadio likes this.
  7. Kinghat

Kinghat Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2011
    Texarkana, AR
    I emailed them about the same question. Standard Jazzmaster routing

8. Widerange Hum

May 14, 2016
    San Diego, CA
  9. Northwards

Northwards TDPRI Member

Oct 30, 2018
    Norway
    1196F3F2-A79F-47F3-B0AE-18AEDFE80B37.jpeg Hi.
    This old thread is still an issue as Mastery seems a bit overy 'relaxed' with their information about these things.

I can’t find information routing and mounting their MV Mastery Vibrato model on a Telecaster.

And speaking of these Vibrato systems. Why on earth does Fender keep a company like Mastery comfortably superior (super expensive) design?

They keep making their inferior ones and every other user change their bridges..

Weird policy..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.