Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Marty Stuart to tour the UK this October

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Kingpin, May 15, 2017.

1. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
    If you want to catch the best band you'll ever hear, don't miss these guys!

Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives have announced a United Kingdom and Ireland tour this October.

October 4 – London, UK
    October 6 – Birmingham, UK
    October 7 – Gateshead, UK
    October 9 – Glasgow, Scotland
    October 10 – Manchester, UK
    October 12 – Dublin, Ireland

https://www.martystuart.net/news/446248/marty-announces-united-kingdom-and-ireland-tour

jman72 likes this.

2. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

Oct 13, 2011
    Somerset UK
    That's not a UK tour! It's a tour of a small part of the UK, which is a shame 'cause I'd love to see them.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Don't miss him, British brothers and sisters!
    He and the Superlatives are the real deal.

4. allen082

allen082 Friend of Leo's

Jul 16, 2009
    fort worth
    Birmingham doesn't look like too bad a drive from Somerset. It's absolutely worth it!

5. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    Walter Trout made it to Norwich .So has Albert Lee .moan groan

6. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    Interesting. I see that the London booking on 4 October is at the Cadogan Hall, near Sloane Square. Yee ha! How Country isn't that? :lol:

7. Tony474

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    Never forget the dictum that in the USA 100 years is a long time, while in the UK 100 miles is a long distance. The M5 is a bit different from I-35... ;)

8. ValDiaz

ValDiaz Tele-Holic

Jan 1, 2014
    Glasgow, UK
    Glasgow show is just round the corner from me, might have to check this out...

9. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Tele-Holic

Dec 3, 2011
    Mandurah. West Australia
    I just wish Marty and his band would come to Perth Western Australia I would be there for sure.. S:D

10. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Dude, it is approximately 600 miles from Eastborne to Inverness Scotland with 5 stops that one approximately every 120 miles or so.

Somerset is 140 miles from London and only 120 miles from Birmingham, I pretty sure by most standard that would be a fairly comprehensive tour.

I think he is being a little dramatic.

11. jman72

jman72 Tele-Holic

Aug 31, 2013
    Central Florida
    I just saw them last week and can say that they are indeed just about the best band you'll ever see. Make it to the show if you can.

12. asatfan

asatfan Tele-Afflicted

What Kingpin and brookdalebill said....don't miss it if you can!

13. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Charleston, SC
    I'll chime in. I saw him a couple of weeks ago. They are such a great band and Marty's new record is very good. Not only can these guys play, they can sing. You will be impressed with their vocals. It's all Fender amps and guitars, in other words, tone heaven. Chris plays a Telecaster bass through a piggyback Bassman with a 2x12 cabinet. That's something you don't see these days, but it sounds incredible. Marty and Kenny use Deluxe Reverbs. They are not to be missed.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    jman72 likes this.

14. Tony474

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    It's unlikely in my opinion that the band would ship their usual backline stuff over for half a dozen shows. Apart from our different mains voltage (not an insurmountable obstacle) the costs would be disproportionate. I'd expect them to be using rented/borrowed equipment. I'm pretty certain that there's no shortage of DRs here and a similar Bassman and cabinet probably exist in some company's inventory too. If not, there are plentiful alternatives.

15. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
    Come for the guitars, stay for the vocals!

Dan R likes this.

16. TexMax

TexMax Tele-Meister

Jun 17, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Geez, I wish they would tour the upper East Coast! I have been watching and waiting for a couple of years....
    Marty did do a solo acoustic show here several months ago, but I want to see that smokin' little band!

17. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Charleston, SC

From the new record.

Kingpin likes this.

18. Iain

Iain Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I was in a band that opened for them, in Glasgow, last time they played here (and yes, I got to have a shot of Clarence's bender Tele!)
    The Superlatives are not misnamed: they're a fantastic live band! I'll be at the upcoming Oran Mor gig.

Kingpin and Tony474 like this.

19. Silverbird

Silverbird NEW MEMBER!

Feb 26, 2016
    Virginia
    I got a few extra tickets for London, Birmingham and Gateshead if anyone is interested...regular price.

Plumber likes this.

20. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2014
    london
    What price seats for london please, I can take 2

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.