Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Marshall Origin series.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Ironwolf, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Has anyone seen or heard enough from these amps to form an opinion? More specifically, about the 50w Head version. I'm just wondering how they compare to a JTM 45.

cincyguitarplay and marc2211 like this.
  2. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    I’m waiting to get my hands on the 20watt head/combo. It’s the first and only Marshall I’ve been excited about.

3. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    I want one of the 50 watt combos. I just can't buy any more guitar related stuff right now without risking a divorce.

Telefunked, Southpole, Rospo and 3 others like this.
  4. Il Duce

Il Duce Tele-Holic

Nov 11, 2013
    NYC
    If I weren't saving every penny that I can for a Cutthroat Audio Down Brownie ($2000), I'd be really tempted to either get the 20 or 50 combo once there were more reviews on them. I at least know that I really love the concept of them and the price is right.

marc2211 and Jakedog like this.
  5. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I didn't think they were coming out until the end of the month.

stnmtthw and Jakedog like this.
  6. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    They're not, but the reviews are really good. I've seen a couple of Youtube demos of them that sound great, also (for whatever that's worth).

If these amps are half as good as the videos I saw, Marshall isn't going to be able to make them fast enough.

Paul in Colorado and marc2211 like this.
  7. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Meister

Jan 30, 2018
    Switzerland/France
    I have an Origin 20 combo on order atm with Musicstore.de - it’s meant to be disparched to me on the 17th March... super excited, especially if it lives up to the mini Plexi hype!

I am hesitant about the 10” speaker, but as an apartment player I don’t need an external speaker cabinet. It’s also an additional amp to a Vox AC10C1 so wanted to be as reasonable as possible - that being said, I could be tempted to do a speaker upgrade later on if the stock one sucks.

I’ll post a review as soon as I have it!

8. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

Dec 1, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I'm very tempted by the 50 watt head.

archetype and cincyguitarplay like this.
  9. Guitandanza

Guitandanza Tele-Meister

May 31, 2015
    Connecticut
    Watched the Anderton’s video. I’ve become acclimated to hearing gear on their channel. I wasn’t crazy about them, but I don’t like the cheap speaker that comes with the amp. So, it might be that.

10. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    Got the new DSL40CR and it blew me away...all pedals gone...can gig without them..have a class 5 Marshall clone with el34 tube running at 7 watts with a Vari knob...if the Origin will do what that does(i get the marshall classic tones) that will be a great head to run dif cabs with..also the dsl,, i dialed in my best tone on class 5 and matched it to it..the DSL is a very good amp to gig with...talk about blues..dirty..to deep clean then right in to heavy gain territory by just switching channels..took me a week to dial the dsl in..it is now the best amp i ever played...love el34 tubes !!

11. tombob

tombob Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2010
    Sonora, TX
    I'm curious about these myself, especially the 50w head. I've been planning to build a jtm45 clone myself but I wonder how close these will come. If they actually sound like a jtm50 with a SS rec I could definitely live with it.

bftfender likes this.
  12. PigBoy

PigBoy Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    With all of her stuff out of the house you'll have more room for gear...

13. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

No, I'm thinking he's more concerned about having to live out of his car.
    Much less space for his gear.

14. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    More like trying to figure out where to plug my amp into while I'm living under a bridge...

b2187101, Jakedog and src9000 like this.
  15. markal

markal Tele-Holic

Mar 24, 2016
    Colorado
    Here’s a relatively new demo. Sounds very much like an old Marshall

16. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    A buddy of mine ordered one awhile ago. Must be very popular since it has been on back order.

17. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    NO MORE CLOSE MIC'ED DEMOS !!!!!!!!

They think they're doing you a favor.

Ugh...

(Janet Jackson microphone...:lol:)

cincyguitarplay likes this.
  18. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    thanks for the vid ! can't wait to my 50 watt head gets here, have 2 2x12 cabs all set up to go !!

cincyguitarplay likes this.
  19. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    They're brand new and aren't even at the stores yet, let alone MF, Sweetwater, etc. Rumor on the street is that they'll start shipping tomorrow.

cincyguitarplay and bftfender like this.
  20. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    GC now showing a shipping date of 5/16. Others are earlier, and some give nothing yet. I hoe they are coming sooner rather than later.

bftfender likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.