Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Marsh 6G6B Amp

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gmann, Jun 12, 2008.

1. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

Hey guys I just found out that Marsh is making the 6G6B Bassman head. Anybody here have one or heard one? Anybody have any dealings with Marsh? Assuming the component quality is good I'm thinking of getting one.

2. RothnRoll

RothnRoll Tele-Meister

How is that different than the '59 reissue bassman?

3. pbenn

pbenn Tele-Afflicted

6G6 vs 4 X 10 Bassman

RothnRoll, the answer is: "some but not all."

The left channel of blonde Bassmans features four gain stages, the bass and volume hung after the second gain stage, the treble after the third.

Normal channel is everything after the first gain stage, like a blackface, but with a 5881 power stage and a 12AX-7 phase inverter.

Blonde amps generally are less in-your-face (scooped) volume than a BF, but not as saggy, bloomy, or gainy as a tweed Bassman. They have (except for 1961 6G6) a SS rectifier and are "stiffer" than a tweed. They're somewhat in between.

The four-stage left channel of a 6G6 Bassman can do an over-the-top Marshall imitation and loves 8-ohm 4 x 12 cabinets.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. skeksis

skeksis Tele-Afflicted

Just built a Marsh 5f4 Super, a few weeks ago anyway. Good quality components, good communication by email, well packaged and pretty quick shipping. Documentation was OK, but I'm glad I wasn't totally new to tube amps. One capacitor was missing, and I had to find my own hardware to mount the chassis to the cab. I bought into some of the upgrades (mercury OT, etc). Altogether a good experience, and I'm loving the thing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.