Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

March Jam Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by jjpish68, Mar 1, 2014.

1. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California

Both links work this morning. Back to 25mbs download, was 750 kbs last night, for some reason.

MAN you have the whammy masterered! Great tone, great licks, just great playing altogether!

Are you JB? :D

2. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Hoodie, my predecessors are right: from 3:10 on You are doing much better. Tap4154, You are a wild man, aren´t You? A lot of energy!

3. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Hoodie you were good, especially when the blues isn't your style like you said.

tap4154 , pretty good!

4. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Thanks guys for your kind words and honest appraisal of the track, as well as the advice. I think part of my problem for this track was how to handle the tempo. Being a slow blues I was torn between leaving some space and playing what I thought were too many notes.

Anyway your words are much appreciated and give me encouragement. From here I guess the way forward is to practice, practice, practice and to try and build some sort of lexicon to draw from.

Thanks again. :D

5. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    This was posted in a another thread,I copied it and I posted for others to see.http://www.tdpri.com/forum/twanger-central/472766-march-tdpri-slow-blues.html#post5679530

6. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas

7. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Yes, a nice tone and a playing that I like.

8. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Thank you guys! Your nice comments really make my day. Much appreciated!

9. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I think maybe you won the month with that run.:lol: Really enjoyed listening to your playing. Great ending.

10. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Thanks telleutelleme! Whoever or however this whole thing got started I don't know but it's a fantastic idea. It makes it so easy for us to put something together and have some fun.

Everybody that has posted has brought something unique and special to the table. I love hearing other players and seeing what their take on something is. It's how we learn.

Thanks again to all for the nice comments.

11. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Yes! A very big "yes, that´s it"!

12. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    I too would like to give this whole thing a big thumbs up. I get to the end of the month and I'm itching to see what the next month will bring.

13. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Good Morning All;

I am glad that you all are enjoying this monthly exercise.

So March is quickly winding down...where the heck is the time going.

Please message me with suggestions for the April Track. If you have a track send it to me, you have a style or idea let me know and we will see what we can do.

Thanks
    Joe

14. ItchyFingers

ItchyFingers Tele-Afflicted

I Loved that analogy. Totally.
    I am Loving this whole thread for the record.
    I'm more of a listener than a player but I'm learning stuff in this thread.
    And some stuff is just criticism when it's not same ol' same'ol and that's unfortunate. It scares hacks like me away which I guess is probably a good thing lol. Keep 'em coming. Lovin' it, truly.

15. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Hey ItchyFingers please don't not participate based on this. The whole idea of this is for us to learn and improve the more we do this.

I never started this so the sell proclaimed "Pros" could ding all of us that are trying to better ourselves. This is a learning/practicing tool and everyone should participate. It is great to hear the different ideas that everyone has and how everyone approaches the same track. We all have different levels of ability (at the moment), different influences which shape our own style hence the way we approach these backing tracks. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. That is what makes it interesting!!!

You will be surprised that once you jump in a few months down the road you go back and listen to what you did and you will see the progress and that is what it is all about.

Critiques are good it helps us learn, criticism is BS and those guys should go do their own thing. And if they were the "Pros" they truly think they are they would help those who are learning. Any "Real Good Guitarist" I ever met has always been more than happy to help the new guys. Those are true musicians.

And remember at one point those guys had trouble playing a D Chord too...Guess they forget that though....:D

So please jump in and have fun and ignore the nonsense!!!

16. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I haven't seen anyone say anything negative in these threads.

17. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Hey All I think there might have been a misunderstanding or misreading.

I got a little agitated when I saw that someone was going to shy away thinking comments would or had been made.

Let's back on track with all this. This is a fun thing to do and a great learning tool for those of us who need it, Like Me!!!

It is really cool from month to month to improve and going back to the track posted a few months ago and listening you can her the improvement. I personally love to hear the different takes on the same track and what everybody does with it. That is wht music is all about so lets keep this going strong.

Again suggestions for April, it is coming quickly...

18. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Loved the recent entries. It is really great to see so many people interpret the same piece so differently. It is a lot of fun to be able to listen to somebody and pick out what their influences are, the blues is funny like that. It makes people feel together, a part of something. We all get the blues, the blues is being human and threads like this really help drive that point home.

19. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Jul 7, 2008
    Texas

20. drewsblues

drewsblues Tele-Holic

Apr 30, 2008
    Southern California
    I'll squeak one in a day late (and a dollar short) while waiting for the April installment...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.