Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Maple Over Pine?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Skip Ellis, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Skip Ellis

Skip Ellis Tele-Meister

I have a 1-1/2" body blank sitting around that I glued up a couple of years ago out of construction grade pine (SYP?). I ordered a real nice piece of maple off the auction site today that, when I resaw it, will give me 2 bookmatched tops. Any problem with gluing maple over pine as long as they're both good and dry? I'm in Florida so I don't worry much about expansion and contraction. Has anyone else used this combo?

2. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

You won't have any issue with gluing, but it might be a bright sounding guitar due to the nature of pine and maple.

3. whodatpat

whodatpat Friend of Leo's

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

all it's gonna cost ya is a little bit of time…. if ya don't like the results… there's a damn good excuse to get yer butt back in the shop with a cooler full of Beer for "round two".

rk

6. timmyc

timmyc Tele-Meister

I build my first with 1.5" pine and a .25inch top. I am very happy with the sound and weight. Seems to sound better everyday.

ForumRunner_20130126_163337.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.