Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Malware at Realbook.us?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Mr Perch, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2011
    los angeles
    I have been using http://www.realbook.us/ for a year or so as a convenient source for jazz charts, especially because you can pick the key you want the chart to display in. However, one week ago I attempted to visit the site with my Google Chrome browser, and got a warning that said

The Website Ahead Contains Malware!
    Google Chrome has blocked access to www.realbook.us for now.
    Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

I got a similar warning from my Opera browser, and no warning from IE. Does anyone know how to contact the management of the site?

2. jbmando

jbmando Poster Extraordinaire

I have seen a warning before, so I'm guessing it was on Chrome. Firefox jumps right to it. I, myself, do not worry about it. I have Malwarebytes running and it won't allow me to open any malicious sites. FWIW I just tried it on Chrome and it went right to it.

3. jbmando

jbmando Poster Extraordinaire

Use this link instead. That link you posted does show the warning, so maybe it has become corrupted. When I first posted the other message, I clicked bookmarked links I have on my browsers.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted

Oct 16, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Chrome seems to be very sensitive to Malware warnings. I had the same thing here on TDPRI in the pictures thread, because of a link to a site that Google didn't like. It cleared up after a few days when the site was cleared by Google.

6. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2011
    los angeles
    It's good to have another option, but the other site is much more convenient, especially that automatic transposition feature.

I'm getting a warning from Opera, too.

7. jlindseyjr

jlindseyjr Tele-Holic

Jan 18, 2012
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Avast antivirus doesn't like it either.

8. Steveareno

Steveareno Tele-Afflicted

Dec 10, 2010
    Dogtown So Cal
    Seems like a lot of the free tab sites are loaded with ad tracking junk. Beware when doing a google search for tablature for a specific tune. I got stung a few times.:confused:
    Swang on,

9. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2011
    los angeles
    The site is accessible now, which is a relief, because it's the best RealBook site I've seen, with its auto-transposition feature.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.