Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

make Fender Super Champ XD sounds like VOX AC15?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by 201power, Feb 19, 2011.

1. 201power

201power TDPRI Member

I just played VOX AC15 & 30 vs Fender Blues Deluxe today at GC and I really like the way VOX AC15 sounds...richer sound, more transparent? don't know the way to describe it.

I got a Fender Super Champ XD now...wonder anyone knows is there anyway to set the voice of SC like AC15? Just because AC15 is quite expensive for me...

PS I just changed replaced a JJ preamp tube in Super Champ, its great!no noisy and hissy sound!I am wondering change the speaker to Ragin Cajun as well..

2. pchilson

pchilson Friend of Leo's

Play around with voice # 7 and see what you can come up with.

3. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Tele-Afflicted

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Tele-Monster

Tele-Monster Friend of Leo's

6. holgaguy

holgaguy Tele-Afflicted

Setting #7 which is supposed to be like a Vox, sounds nothing like one, and certainly doesn't feel like one when you play through the SCXD with that setting.

I have an AC30 and getting a SCXD to sound like that (or any Vox) I just can't see happening.

7. jonsongz

jonsongz Tele-Meister

Is there a reason why you can't see all the info about the settings on that page? When I go there I find that the site menu blocks some of the info that's there??

8. 201power

201power TDPRI Member

THX. I found this place before..I just need to try it now.

9. 201power

201power TDPRI Member

Right. I like the way #7 sounds - for overdriven kind of stuff but I still cannot get a VOX sound from it..

Also "feel like one" is the right thing I want.I might just need to get a real VOX AC15.

10. losergeek

losergeek Tele-Afflicted

I think it's unrealistic to expect one voice on an XD to reproduce a whole family of amps but I do find that the higher gain range of #7 does a reasonably good job of reproducing the higher gain range of the top boost channel of my ac15. Ac30 is a pretty different beast from the ac15 though so I can't speak to that. Likewise #8 doesn't sound exactly likely old JCM 600 but its close enough too get the idea.

11. 201power

201power TDPRI Member

Yup I quite like the higher gain of #7! Haven't compare this to top boost of AC15..

12. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Tele-Afflicted

Could be your browser is not displaying the page correctly. Try a different browser. I'm using Chrome on a Mac and had no problems.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.