Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mahogany/Walnut thinline

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by RogerC, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    so...did you make it?

2. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    Not even close. The wedding was January 1st, and the guitar still isn't done :rolleyes:.

We've had a lot of really cold weather here, and my shop isn't heated, so that's kept me out. Also, my elder child decided to spill a jar of vinegar/steel wool stain i'd been preparing, and it happened to splash on the guitar body as well, so that set me back some.

This guitar probably won't be done until April some time now.

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Just grab a neck off the pile and wire it up! :D

Barncaster and RogerC like this.

4. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.

Dang, Rog., sorry to hear that.

BTW, how is your boy liking sittin out in the frigid garage with a block and 1000 grit sandpaper, cleaning up the guitar body? :eek::p

Nah, I'm sure it was an accident. I found the vinegar will eat up the steel wool much quicker if you hose the oil off of the steel wool with spray brake cleaner before you dunk it. (outside, of course), and warm the vinegar to speed the reaction. Got an out-of the way heat register you can park it in front of? (With tight screw-lid on it, BTW?)

LeftFinger, RogerC and DrASATele like this.

5. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    It was funny because he texted me when it happened to tell me. I, understandably, was a little peeved. When I got home from work, he was sitting on the couch with a worried look on his face (he's 18 and 6'3" by the way), and my wife and younger son cleared out of the room. I do tend to get somewhat Yosemite Sam-esque when I'm extremely perturbed. :lol:

I was calm and thanked him for letting me know and for cleaning up all the spillage, and I then let him know he'll be spending some time with me in the shop with sandpaper in hand. I then let him go to his friend's house so his band could practice. I really do have some great kids, and my older son is really responsible which is why he texted me as soon as it happened instead of waiting for me to find it.

Thanks for the tips on the vinegar solution. I never would've thought of that.

guitarbuilder likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.