Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Made in Japan Telecasters!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Gryffinaura, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangedrop

orangedrop Friend of Leo's

Aug 20, 2010
    New York
    Henry,
    Just looked for the "50th Anniversary" sticker...
    Same guitar!

Had Bardens in it for a long time and right now she's sportin' a set of Kleins.

You still in NYC?

Maybe we need to get the girls together for a play date.

John

2. bluesfordan

bluesfordan Friend of Leo's

Jun 1, 2006
    Nashua NH
    I was in a music store yesterday, playing on some of their teles, when I found what appears to be an older MIJ. It had the smaller vintage frets, I'm going to assume vintage 7.25 radius. The weight was good, maybe a bit over 7 pounds. The finish was hard to call, maybe butterscotch or a natural finish that had yellowed. The grain of the body was very visible. The guitar had been played a good bit but well taken care of with just a few dings.

I had played a 2K american tele just before this one, and a 699 dollar '60s classic before that. The MIJ was very nicely set up, as good as my Squier CV 50, maybe even better. It was way better than either of the other two teles that I had played.

Don't know what these are going for these days, but I thought the price of 799 for it was maybe a little on the high side. But I left there with that tele on my mind.

Any clues to look for to tell me what this is? I might be up there again this week and likely will take another look.

3. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Near TELE-Town (Wash. DC)
    Admin Post
    I see this got revived again. It started over six years ago. This thread will still be available in the archives, but it's time to start a new one. Closed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.