Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Made in Japan Mahogany Offset Telecaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Night Prowler, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2017
    West Virginia
    I found a 20% e-bay coupon today that wouldn't work for the 3 sellers that I tried it on. I wonder if the coupon only works for certain sellers?

ETA: I just realized that coupon is limited to a max of $50, and that isn't enough to push me off the ledge anyway.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. heffus

heffus Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO
    I play mostly clean through the Rhythm(clean) channel of my Carvin X-60(60 watts, 1X12, 6L6GCs). I lowered the neck pickup and raised the pole pieces for the wound strings. This helped a bit. The p90 has a lot of mids(duh), but I think I might want something with a bit more clarity and clankiness. In no hurry, gonna live with it for a while. I'm fine with the bridge pu.

BigD likes this.
  3. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    I played a bit on mine today through my Quilter Aviator Gold on the P90 and as you say it’s a bit middy and I just can’t picture what I would play with it but it is a quite nice tone.

4. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Is the neck pup actually a P90 size? Be nice if so, as there are many possible replacements if one wanted to do a switch out.

When both pickups are on, it is hum cancelling? That's a nice touch IF the builder makes the effort to implement it.

5. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Nice to know that they sit well-balanced on the lap! These days I do all my playing while sitting and don't like to use a strap.

6. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
  7. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Mine came through a few days ago, but sent it back because it was over 9lbs and other OCD stuff. But not to worry, I found one that’s light and has a chunkier neck. Sounded just as expected, P90 neck (fat, jump-y) with a bright twangy bridge. I can work with that.

I’m starting to think this is not a ‘200-only’ FSR...

8. LowCaster

LowCaster Tele-Holic

Jan 24, 2011
    Paris, France
    Great! I was close to start building something like that from Warmoth parts, it would be more expensive. Only problem is that they are listed at 1100$ from my favorite dealer here, that's 1,279.80$... Maybe the price will drop before the limited run ends, but that's very unlikely. :(

9. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I was up about 3am "Reverbin'" and clicked the "pay the lady, Sucka" button. Found a 7 pounder with nice golden wood. What the hum, haven't bought a guitar for several months.

BorderRadio likes this.
  10. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    7 pounds for a Jazzmaster plank just don’t happen often—good find!

11. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Mine finally arrived! Nice guitar. 7 lbs. 4 oz. I was able to get a discount at G.C. $799.99 down to $664. Quite a special guitar, especially at that price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I play sitting, so the contour on the back nestles very comfortably against the rib cage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Glad to hear that. It sounded good for a mahogany body but I only have a LP to compare with that wood and it isn't 7lbs by any stretch. Should be here tomorrow and I gotta say that all the photos of these guitars show pretty much perfect fit, finish etc including the frets. Perhaps that is the standard for Fender Japan? It's my first one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.