Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Made in indonesia

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ReaL Madras, May 1, 2013.

1. thebird55

thebird55 TDPRI Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Warner Robins, GA
    I just obtained a new Indonesian Affinity Telecaster. The neck is a work of art. Great Tele tone, even with the cheap ceramic pickups.

But, speaking of cheap parts, the tone pot has already failed. It has no effect whatsoever. But I'm fine with that, as I was planning to replace the pots anyway. In fact, I had ordered the new pots the night before the failure.

I made a point of getting the Tele in the starter pack, partly because it is Indonesian. (And is completely a different animal from the regular Affinitys.)

2. wildkat-bob

wildkat-bob Tele-Afflicted

May 14, 2013
    Beside a Mountain
    Just got an Indonesian made VM HH Jaguar, and the build quality is surprising for a $300 guitar. This thing really rocks!!

Attached Files:

3. teletina

teletina Tele-Meister

Sep 19, 2009
    dubrovnik
    [​IMG]

These are Indonesian made teles and VM Jazzbass,very fine instruments.Indonesian made Squiers are for me,very reliable product,such as for example Lakland or Ernie Ball.

4. teletina

teletina Tele-Meister

Sep 19, 2009
    dubrovnik
    This VII strat is also indonesian made:

[​IMG]

5. tlm3210

tlm3210 Tele-Meister

Feb 1, 2014
    Middle Earth
    My new Tele Custom Modified is very well put together. Fit and finish are fine, a little better than my 2003 MIM. Somebody got a little carried away tightening the screws on the pickguard.

6. wildkat-bob

May 14, 2013
    Beside a Mountain
    Just got another VM SS Jaguar to go with the HH one.

Attached Files:

7. thebird55

thebird55 TDPRI Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Warner Robins, GA
    Edited (I totally missed something in the picture, right in front of my eyes.)

I wanted to ask you about the notorious Jaguar saddles. Are they the "single-notch" ones that don't individually adjust for height, or the "multi-groove" that tend to jump the groove? I suppose the top loading bridge is an answer to the problem, but I'd like to see it as a "string-through".

Wait a minute..... how did you get a rosewood neck on the HH?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014

8. wildkat-bob

May 14, 2013
    Beside a Mountain
    On the SS its the multi-groove one, but with 11-50's on it hasn't jumped once. As for the HH it has the Danelectro style bridge, which is a pain to get just right, but once you have it dialed in, it's a decent bridge, no buzzing and no string jumping. I'm using 10-46's without any issues. As for the neck it came stock with it! It's a 2011 that I bought brand new a couple of weeks ago from one of our larger music stores, they aren't big sellers around here, which is good for me, I like the early sixties kitsch look.

9. Erwin

Erwin Tele-Meister

May 27, 2011
    Affligem Belgium
    [​IMG]

I have all the squires on the picture:

The yellow one is the first and bought it in '90 cost 11000 BFR around € 275 made in Korea and it is a plywood one wihte a toploader bridge. Not bad but not the best either

The Sunburst I bought in 99 or 2000 and cost around € 200 and is miles ahead in build quality to the yelow one. It's also a Korean build and hs better picups string thru bridge and a satin neck.

The Two black ones are an affinity and a MCII made in Indonesia costing around € 200 each in 2006, again way ahead of the Koerans.

Last summer I bought a Bullet strat MII for € 80 second hand, they cost € 100 or so new and it has the best neck of al of them. The tuners are so so but the build and paint quality is very high.

So I would not worry about the quality. Anybody that started playing 25 30 years ago had more to gain fro burning a €100 guitar than to buy it as guitars in that price range where absolute crap. And these are not inflation adjusted prices.

To get the quality of the bullet in the late 80's early 90's you probably only could have got that by buying a real fender or gibson at the then price of around € 600 - € 700 which would be around € 2500 in today's money.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.