luther Perkins johnny Cash

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Gilbert Brown, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbeam123

mrbeam123 TDPRI Member

Sam Hall - Lead

Hi, here the Riff/Lead in the Johnny Cash song - Sam Hall- not perfect.

6-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5-----------------------------------------------------------------1-----4-4---------
    4-------------------------------------------2-2-2--0-0-2-0--2-0-2-------5-5--------
    3----------1-0----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2----0-2-3----3----0--3-3----0--2-3--3-3-------------------------------------------
    1---3-----------3---------3---------------------------------------------------------

6-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5-------1---4-4--------------------------------------------------------------------
    4-2-0-2------5-5--2-0-2--0--------------------------------------------------------
    3------------------------------1-1--0----------------------------------------------
    2---------------------------------------3------------------------------------------
    1----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Gilbert Brown

Gilbert Brown TDPRI Member

Hello Clint Just wondering if you are still around these days and thanks for all the great help with these tabs over the years. Hope to hear from you sometime .

Gil

3. flag72

flag72 Tele-Afflicted

hey Lerb21
    awsome video and guitar leason,btw do you have a web site
    thanks
    Daniel

4. Camplain

Camplain Tele-Holic

WOW!....and then reWOW!!!!!.... and did I mention OH WOW!!!!....

I'd never seen this thread till today, wish I had something to contribute but I think every scrap of Luther Perkins licks I know have already been tabbed out here.

This is truely one of the greatest learning resources on the net for capturing this amazing sound of years gone by. I can't thank lerb and the other contributers enough.

Now for my request, I didn't see any breakdown of Rock Island Line, I strum an E7 thing on acoustic that reminds me of it a little.... but would love the song to be added to this thread... maybe someone is feeling up to the task?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.