Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

LP jr copy

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by smsuryan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's

So heres my new LP jr copy...put some grovers in it cuz the original tuners were horrid...everything else is stock...oh yeah leveled the frets too...disclaimer, these are camera phone pix so theyre not too awesome

Attached Files:

2. aunchaki

aunchaki Friend of Leo's

Mar 12, 2006
    Central New York
    Nice pics (camera phone or not!). How does it play, how does it sound?

3. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's

i dont know how it sounds yet...i sold my old amp and am waiting on my weber kit...(been waiting since aug.12)...3-4 week wait time??? hmmmm
    plays decent, im still messing with the intonation, the d string is the only one with a buzz right now...i set it up with 11s, i should have it fixed soon and ill let you know how it sounds as soon as i play it through a decent amp and not my little practice amp. i like it though, definetely different than my esquire with the vintage frets, 7.25" radi and 25.5" scale...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Staff Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Admin Post
    If you have a spare $120, get a Vox Pathfinder 15r, you can keep it as a spare after you get your Weber kit built. My LP Jr copy loves mine!

Tim

6. tonyw

tonyw Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    I have this one an Agile 2300 JR wide neck and i love it. Was going to gut it and change the pickups, only bought it for the body and neck but its cool as is, and no need to change it, Both guitars from Rondo and judging by the headstocks, the same factory as well. I was originally going to cash out on a LPSpecial jnr and a Gretch Corvette, covered 2 bases at once and saved my pennies.

[​IMG]

7. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Looks great. Did you upgrade the bridge and the tuners or was that the bridge that came on it??

Looks great. I love P-90's.

Do what Tim said..get a VOX Pathfinder 15R. Tell us how it sounds when you plug it in!

8. oramac7891

oramac7891 Friend of Leo's

Sep 10, 2009
    Texas
  9. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2008
    Cambridge Vt.
    Looks like that's a stock bridge-they're a great improvment over the traditional stopbar if intonation means anything. It was a great solution to my Lil' Killer guitar where space was at a premium. Here's the rundown on the OP's guitar: http://www.rondomusic.com/callistoschs.html Here's what I did with the little killer

Attached Files:

10. blueshawk1

blueshawk1 Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2007
    Upstate NY
    Congrats on the new LP jr. - I had the two pup P90 SX, it was the one that turned me onto P90s, been hooked ever since.

11. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Feb 17, 2007
    Portugal
    Have you found any other P-90's that sounded that good?
    I have the two P-90's version too and I just love those pickups. I got the Squier Custom II but I hate the pickups and I tried some more P-90's guitars but nothing that sounded has good as the SX!

12. dqami

dqami Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2004
    The GFS alnico P90s are great! I have them on the Xaviere thinline tele and they sound much better than the SX and Agile P90s.

13. Tele-Monster

Tele-Monster Friend of Leo's

Dec 22, 2008
    St. Paul MN
    I've peep'd that SX Jr sooo many times. I was always worried about the pickup sucking. Sounds like it aint too bad. Might have to look again...

Tonyw, how's the Agile AD-2300? That's another axe I've had my eye on. Just wished they would have been able to keep their shape more like Gibsons....oh well

14. cactusrob

cactusrob Tele-Afflicted

Aug 26, 2009
    Georgia
    A bandmate of mine has this same guitar. It's awesome. I used to own a LP Jr. and as bad I may hate to admit it, the Jr had very little advantage over the Agile. I personally like the feel of the Agile over the Jr I had because of the binding on the neck. Great guitar at a fraction of the price..:D

15. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2007
    Boston
  16. blueshawk1

blueshawk1 Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2007
    Upstate NY
    Just the ones on my Agile, but they are probably the same thing.

17. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's

just the tuners...put some grovers in it...im not super picky about everything else as long as it works...just want it to stay in tune..the bridge is adjustable and works pretty well...and btw i ordered the pathfinder :p..its was either that or a kustom contender...couldnt decide and just went for the vox

18. tonyw

tonyw Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Its great! one of my fav players, and as for the shape, i wanted the LPSpecial and Gretch Corvette shape and this was a great compromise.

19. tonyw

tonyw Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Having owned a LPjnr in the 70's, i have to say this guitar knocks the jnr right off its perch, a great guitar that really surprised me with its sound feel and quality.

20. tdu

tdu Friend of Leo's

Jan 4, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    I was surprised Rondo/SX/Kurt went with a bolt-on neck for that model. They have (or have periodically) the GG1 Jr which is almost the exact same guitar but with 2 P-90's, a different finish, and a set neck. And they only run/ran about $139 if I remember correctly.

Not that the bolt neck is a 'bad' thing by any means. I just like set necks on my LP style guitars, and am surprised they didn't go with a set neck on this one since they basically carry the exact same model with 2 pickups.

EDIT it's now the Callisto Jr., and it's $128 http://www.rondomusic.com/callistojr.html

[​IMG]

21. Blackdogxx

Blackdogxx TDPRI Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Richmond VA
    Arrrggh! Am I pi$$ed or glad ? I got a mint one on eBay for $115 and assumed it was a fantastic deal! And a few bucks more and I could have had a mint one from Kurt!
    Lesson learned: The world is upside down with the China 'Classic Vibe' Squier series, the Guild GAD acoustics, the PRS SE Singlecut korina for $550 street price new. Why would we pay over $500 for a guitar unless it has something special? For regular guys, take the $ difference and buy silver and gold and ammo!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.