Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Low Capacitance 20ft Guitar Cable Recommendations

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by bendercaster, Sep 28, 2017.

1. bendercaster

bendercaster Tele-Holic

Sep 20, 2011
    Sacramento
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced low capacitance 20ft. guitar cable? I'm looking for something for stage use that I can run from my pedal board to my Amplifier. I recently picked up a GLS Audio cable for this purpose. It is low noise, seems well made, and was advertised as low capacitance, but it adds some boomy-ness (For lack of a better term) on the 6th string that I can't dial out on the amp. I'm happy with how my current 10ft pro co cable sounds, but would like the extra length and a 90 degree angle plug on one side.

For reference, the GLS cable is supposed to be 38 pf per ft. The pro co is supposed to be 30 pf per foot. Both were relatively low priced cables.

2. 41144

41144 Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2017
    West Midalnds, GB
    Hi ...

Have a read of this ... http://www.shootoutguitarcables.com/guitar-cables-explained/capacitance-chart.html

Especially have a look through the links below the table ... which might help to investigate other reasons beyond needing a cable with even an lower pf reading.
    Or, if their own publicity is to be believed ... take a look at Zerocap leads, they do a 20' angled lead at $100+ (ouch)!
    Personally, I use Fender Custom shop, not everyones cup of tea but I like 'em,
    fwiw ... the George L155 (or any of the George L's range) are reputedly popular with pros.

Good luck ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.