Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Love the 60's CP Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Snufkinoob, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Snufkinoob

Snufkinoob Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

I got a great deal with this on ebay a couple of months ago. Perfect condition, and professionally set up. The vibrato has a nice amount of play in it. I was considering selling it, as my Tele works a little better with fuzz and overdrive, and I don't really need two guitars, but I'm so glad I held onto it. I love this thing now.

The mint green - sonic blue combo doesn't look so contrasted in the flesh either. Photobucket likes to lower my image resolution for some reason.

Such a great Strat all round. I have no need to replace anything, and the only thing I might consider adding to it is a Jensen Capacitor (if one would fit). I had one installed in my tele and they're more useful than I thought. Roll back the tone and play with some drive and it's got a touch of a 'parked wah' kind of sound. Don't know if that would work with the Strat.

:cool:

2. maryjane

maryjane Tele-Afflicted

very pretty; congrats.

3. zooropamofo

zooropamofo Tele-Afflicted

Love my 60s CP Strat as well. Pop off your pick guard. See if your CS69's have AY's initials on 'em ;)

Attached Files:

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Funkenstein

Funkenstein TDPRI Member

These are definitely nice strats. I've got one in sunburst and it is beeyootyful....I really like the sonic blue too. I took mine to a local luthier and had a pro setup done. He leveled and dressed the frets and got a nice low action on it. I had to raise it a bit, just so I can "dig in" a little more, but it's nice and smooth playing...it's a dream to play actually. I'm having some trouble with the middle pickup at the moment, but hopefully I'll solve that problem soon. Anyway, they're some seriously nice guitars.

6. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Big fan as well. Really love the CS69 pups. Most likely the last strat I'll ever buy.

7. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

I got one yesterday on a trade. Thought I'd never get another strat but I'm lovin' this thing.

[​IMG]

8. 73Fender

73Fender Friend of Leo's

Nice Strats, I am currently GASing for a RW Strat.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.