Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Love for the American Elite telecaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by joebloggs13, Dec 4, 2017.

1. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    Just gotta say....that this guitar really is something else. I could go on and on about the neck profile, fretboard profile heel cut, and the 4th Gen pups.... All in all, it is the best introduction to fender I could have ever had(being a hard core Gibson guy). The Mystic Black/Maple fretboard combo is the icing on the cake. Best of all...it's a Tele! I love this guitar!
    JoeB

Evil Funk, Doug 54, troy2003 and 3 others like this.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I dig em’.
    I want a black one with the ebony fretboard.

joebloggs13 and jannodude like this.

3. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Glad you're happy! I think it's better to be happy with your guitar than upset with "small details". I know I feel that way and when you find something you like, it's a win win situation.

4. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    I know how you feel....sometimes you really like something on a guitar you are considering purchasing, but there are maybe one or two things you would like different. I can honestly say that in my case, I wouldn't change a thing. For me, right now, this Tele is amazing.

Down the road if I want something different, I will buy a custom shop Tele. I will never change my Elite. Love it!

5. tomtama

tomtama TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Jul 23, 2016
    Taunton
    I love mine! The neck is fantastic for me!

Doug 54 and joebloggs13 like this.

6. MA6200

MA6200 Tele-Meister

May 12, 2017
    Maryland
    Love mine too. Just feels right.

joebloggs13 likes this.

7. Sean65

Sean65 Tele-Holic

Oct 19, 2011
    London
    They look great. Apart from the features the colours are also great as well. I never noticed from the pictures that the black finish had a sparkle until I saw it in the flesh. Very Outlaw!

But the new turquoise with tortoise shell pick guard looks so cool.

joebloggs13 likes this.

8. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    I agree. The neck is something I have never felt before. Makes transitions effortless.

Evil Funk likes this.

9. MLaVache

MLaVache TDPRI Member

Jan 1, 2017
    East Bay, California
    I really like that guitar but i don't like binding on a tele. Plus I've got my Deluxe that plays just as fine as could be.

10. Old Tele Hack

Old Tele Hack TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    I love my Elite - the neck is the best thing I've ever felt on any guitar. I just got a '52 AVRI, though, and am seriously considering a pickup swap on the elite to something that's close the '52 pickups - they really are magical.
    The rest of the guitar? Perfect outta the box -

Evil Funk, qblue and brookdalebill like this.

11. qblue

qblue Tele-Afflicted

Jan 12, 2009
    Clarks Summit, PA
    I was gonna ask you to expand on what you don't like about the 4th gen noiseless Fender pickups

12. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    I actually really like the 4th gen noiseless pups on the Elite. I was able to try out an older Deluxe with 3rd gen, and I did not like them as much.

13. Evil Funk

Evil Funk TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2017
    Montana
    nice! i have the same exact one. i run it through my Z-Wreck and don't even use pedals anymore. it's fantastic. best tele they have imho. the new appointments put the rest of them to shame.

AAT65 and joebloggs13 like this.

14. biblebound

biblebound TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Woodville, Mississippi
    I really love my 2016 Elite as well, especially the contoured body and the neck profile/finish, however, though the gen 4 pickups weren't bad, I did swap them out with a Rio Grande 'TallBoy' in the neck and 'MuyGrande' in the bridge for a real upgrade IMO. Also, I swapped out the bridge plate/saddles, and turned the switch plate around for the perfect mix of vintage/modern. This guitar is a lifer...

15. Old Tele Hack

Old Tele Hack TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    I don't *dislike* the N4s, but after playing the 52, those pups are more Tele.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.