Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Looper function - Mustang GT

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Mullet Man, May 16, 2017.

1. Mullet Man

Mullet Man Tele-Meister

Feb 8, 2014
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Specific question for those with the new GTs and a foot switch.

I thought I saw this on a demo video in passing, but can't seem to find it again.

Does the looper allow you change patches after recording a loop? Meaning, lay a couple chords down with patch 1 and then switch to patch 2 for a lead tone while leaving the chords running in patch 1?

This seems like a really useful feature, if it works that way.

Thanks for the info!

2. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC

Yep, that it will do.

I'd given that 4b pedal to my bro years ago when he got a GDEC30 and he never really used it. He gave it back to me when I got my Mustang IIIv1 but I never really used it. Luckily it works with the new GTs.

I've been really having a blast recently with it and the GT40. For last week or so, I'll "load it up" looping a bunch of stuff and then turn it up and let it break the speakers in.

Jim Dep and Cliffyg62 like this.

3. Mullet Man

Mullet Man Tele-Meister

Feb 8, 2014
    San Tan Valley, AZ

That might seal the deal... had been thinking about VHT Special 6 Ultra before the new GTs came out. The 40 is what I'd like to look at, if only the "local" GC would have them in stock.

Thanks for the information.

pondcaster likes this.

4. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Hey, maybe someone can explain something tome about loopers in general. I never had one tho i've used delays as a short loop before. But i could never understand how you can use them accurately. I mean, when i got the GT i started thinking maybe i could make use of it because i only play in a 3 piece situation and i figured it might be cool to have a verse play while i have a sol to do if it works out logistically depending on the song. But the probalme i have is how in gods name do you hit the buttons perfectly without the phrase starting a split second too late or too soon? Is there something i'm missing there, or do people just use them for solo practice at home to have a loop to play over? Even trying that with the GT i had a hard tome because where the beginning and end of the loop come together is never accurate and throw the timing off. Is that just the way it is or is it just foot practice till you get it or is there something i'm missing?

5. Mullet Man

Mullet Man Tele-Meister

Feb 8, 2014
    San Tan Valley, AZ

I wish I could answer this for you. I have the same issue, I think its learning the timing of the button press. I don't get it perfect very often, but for the hack I am its OK. Would not be ok for recording or stage use. I have seen folks use them with amazing results. Practice, I reckon.

6. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Yeah, thats what i figured. I'd have to really be able to nail it every time to even think about band use. But i won't likely spend the time.

7. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    I read that you need to the first beat after the last in your loop. Its on yousetube somewhere but i still can't get it right. Noobitis dontchaknow... good luck!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.