Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Looks like blackguard prices are firming up again...

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Masterbuilt, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Masterbuilt

Masterbuilt Tele-Holic

Oct 28, 2004
    London,UK

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    What is holding you back Masterbuilt? They take PayPal.:D

3. Pete Baker

Pete Baker Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2006
    Maryland
    I've been watching these also. It seems that examples with the original finish are getting the big money, even with replaced parts. I keep looking for a player grade refin that can at least be authenticated to some degree. The fakes are getting better, which isn't helping anyone.

4. Mur

Mur Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2004
    USA
    Wow, pick guard looks original, finish looks 53 . . I like it ! !

5. filtersweep

filtersweep Tele-Meister

Jul 27, 2011
    Norway
    Asking price is a mere wish.

6. Twisted Kerle

Twisted Kerle Tele-Meister

Feb 2, 2016
    Alaska
    When I got the cert of authenticity on my 51 Nocaster last year, Dan (all star guitar) put it at 85 to 90% original and then put only a 15 to 20k value on it... emerald city guitar told me it was about a 30k value with a quick look and play. (no paperwork or service done.)

Masterbuilt likes this.

7. Masterbuilt

Masterbuilt Tele-Holic

Oct 28, 2004
    London,UK
    Yes its not easy to find one of those, some seriously questionable examples about. One company seems to have a never ending supply of these and everyone always seems to have 'not the typical large profile neck' I wonder why? ;)

Worrying isn't it, Emerald seem to be very keen on these at the moment. They've sold quite a few recently within days of being advertised.

8. sonicdom

sonicdom TDPRI Member

Apr 27, 2012
    switzerland
    well, at least it seems to be original. This made me laugh out loud though:

http://bestguitars.com/Best_Guitars/54Greentele.html

50k for a factory refin? So he asks twice the money an original example would go for for a refinished guitar? seriously? as if this wasn't enough, it once was covered in duct tape and it has been removed (certainly it left some traces). Looks like his wife made him advertise it and he doesn't want to sell it at all...

It sure seems vintage prices are going up, but I am not sure if dealers are just asking more or if they actually sell the stuff. It looks a bit like it's 2008 all over again.

Twisted Kerle likes this.

9. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Way over priced !!!!

A month ago a 53 esquire all original except a refinished fret board and refret. All else original went for $23,000.

I did a thread on it here about 4 months ago

10. Masterbuilt

Masterbuilt Tele-Holic

Oct 28, 2004
    London,UK
    They just sold this one and two others...here's a 51, 52 & 53....

[​IMG]

kurtmanifest1 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.