Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Looking to go broadcaster on the cheap

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Leftysquire, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Leftysquire

Leftysquire TDPRI Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Canada
    Looking to replace my pickups with a set to emulate a broadcaster, but I have to do it on the cheap. Just the way life is sometimes.

It's for a 2010 MIM Tele. And I will be using the traditional broadcaster blend wiring.

I know I won't get the nuances of better pickups, just looking for a set of single coils that will get me in the ballpark. Hopefully less than 75$. And no staggered bridge pickups please, I'm a lefty...

any suggestions? GFS? Artec? other brands?

Thanks

2. tweedtone

tweedtone Tele-Afflicted

Dec 2, 2004
    Tampa Bay, FL
    There's a CS Broadcaster bridge pu in the classifieds (not mine).

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. Derek Kiernan

Derek Kiernan Friend of Leo's

Sep 7, 2008
    Princeton, NJ
    Bill Lawrence L200TL. Better highs without harshness, stronger lows, and won't possibly run into problems with the bridgeplate like some of his other designs potentially can (they sense the plate directly, which is not always desirable with ex magnetic steel plates). Also noiseless and well in your budget.

5. Minivan Megafun

Minivan Megafun Tele-Meister

Feb 21, 2013
    Manitoba
    You can definitely find a used Seymour Duncan STL-1B Broadcaster pickup for around $40 (or less).

6. Leftysquire

Leftysquire TDPRI Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Canada
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm leaning towards the Tone Emporium pickups. finally some good pickups from up North...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.