Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Looking to find my 1966 Fender Telecaster 229156.....

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by strangefashion, May 29, 2017.

1. strangefashion

strangefashion TDPRI Member

May 30, 2014
    London, England
    I posted on here in 2014 asking for help to identify my pre-1974 Telecaster. The forum members were very helpful in giving me advice. In 2015 my Telecaster was sold by New Kings Road Vintage Guitars in London, who had confirmed more details on the guitar. They marketed it as a 1966 Telecaster, with a stamp on the neck of '3JUL67 B'. It had had a body refinish and a relacquer to the neck - both of which were done before I purchased the guitar in 1975. The only mods I had done was the black scratchplate and the Gibson Humbucker neck pickup.

This is a very long shot but I wonder if the new owner is a Forum Member and could get in touch. Me and that Tele spent 40 years together, so if you have Telecaster serial number 229156 I'd love to chat with you about my trusted old instrument.

The original thread link is below along with photos of the guitar

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/more-info-on-my-vintage-telecaster-required.487911/#post-5829441

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.