Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

looking for the right pedal set up

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Brazos Pirate, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Brazos Pirate

Brazos Pirate TDPRI Member

Aug 4, 2011
    texas
    I'm looking at setting up a pedal board for some blues music but don't know where to start. I'll be playing out of a late 60's model fender super reverb. It should be mostly blues sounding but mainly Texas blues, rock and country. Can I get some feedback on where to start?

2. vjf1968

vjf1968 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I can only tell you what I use:
    -Wilson Colourful Wah
    -Barber Burn Unit or a Les Luis for overdrive
    -Yardbox for fuzz
    -Catlinbread Manx for high gain
    -Everything else I use an M9.

3. MonkeyKing

MonkeyKing Tele-Meister

Jul 5, 2011
    Detroit
    I think I advise someone every week - look into a dallas rangemaster type pedal -it gives the sound people really want, but think other things`ll give em -really an analog man beano boost ( rangemaster style) and zvex SHO gives you the most righteous tone . . .

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Don't they issue every blues player in Texas with a TS-9?

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Tele-Afflicted

Oct 10, 2010
    Southern California
    It's my opinion that you won't need a pedal board if that's the only style of music you'll be playing. I think all you need is a good overdrive pedal to go with your Super Reverb. It's hard to go wrong with an Ibanez TS-9 or (what I prefer) a TS-808.

EDIT:
    Oh, sorry. Somehow I missed the rock and country parts. Maybe a compressor and digital delay for country, and another higher gain overdrive for rock.

7. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    Idahoastan
    just starin out I would suggest the boss M70 multi FX. Lotta bang for buck IMHO.

8. JesterR

JesterR Tele-Afflicted

Jul 8, 2009
    Russia, St.-Petersburg
    Wah -> OD -> delay

That's depends on your tastes and how many you want to spend, but my suggestions are:
    Wah: Wilson wah are note too pricey but has a great quality
    OD: Hard to tell, but, again Wilson Lotus drive ll is really versatile: From clean boost to singing leads. And two independent channels are good. Also, Barber stuff is very nice. Half gainer is very nice low gain pedal.
    Delay: If you want just simple delay: mxr Carbon copy or Way Huge Aqua Puss (if you want slapback). Or Boss DD-7 or TC electronic Flashback if you want some experiments.

Later you can add as much as you want: some kind of fuzz box, phase/vibe/rotary pedal, maybe tremolo (I do not know, if your amp has built in tremolo). But I really believe that wah+OD+delay can, actually cover many ground, and all of them not so hard to use.

PS and a good tuner is also nice feature.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.