Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Looking for over the top Reverb Pedal.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by mnutz, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I've wanted one for a long time, but I don't have the board real estate for it.

When you get it, can you reply to my post here so I'm alerted, and can hear your review?

mnutz likes this.

2. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    I tried the trick on the Topanga....but really didn't notice any difference...but I did switch it to buffer...now it has a clean boost I can use all the time.

mnutz likes this.

3. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Holic

Jun 8, 2014
    atlanta
    I have a TC Electronics Arena pedal. It crapped out on me even though it had had practically zero use.

Don't buy one.

mnutz likes this.

4. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 24, 2004
    Endicott, NY
    I have the Digitech Hardwire RV-7, which they discontinued when the Polara came out. I think the Polara is, essentially, the next generation RV-7. Same Lexicon design base.
    I can't imagine you'd be disappointed by the Polara.

What really impressed me about the RV-7 was it's ability to do a completely whacked out "surf 'verb" without the harshness and "clanky" sound that most digital reverbs get when you use extreme settings.
    Those Lexicon algorithms really do result in some amazing sounds.

mnutz likes this.

5. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

Still haven't made a decision, but I'm leaning more to the MXR M300 now. Seems to be a good mix of over the top, and realistic.

6. sammy123

sammy123 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    MKE
    I am really enjoying the Keeley Caverns v2. Great pedal. I got it when it first came out and always use it. It has three delay modes; space/shimmer. spring, and modulated. They all sound great. Having the delay on board really turns it into an ambient monster.

Other pedals that I'm interested in are the Earthquaker Afterneath and the Midnight 30 Serenity (more of an always on reverb). I have also been looking for a cheap Polara.

mnutz likes this.

7. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    If you want a killer verb pedal the Topanga is one of the best...it will drive an amp...and works as a good clean boost..good reverb pedals should drive an amp...like old Fenders do. I have a on old early 3 knob Fender Reissue with a 6K6 in it...its great ..but the Topanga will do what it does and a little more...and its a pedal.

mnutz likes this.

8. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 24, 2011
    Colorado
    I recently put my TC Electronic Hall of Fame back on my board to use with my violin. Most of the reverbs are pretty tame, but I installed the "Church of Andy" toneprint and it's a huge, dark cathedral reverb that I quite like. There's also a toneprint by Jonsi from Sigur Ros that's really wild.

mnutz likes this.

9. beninma

beninma Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I have a Polara and love it as others have mentioned.

But about 90% of the time I use it as a Spring Reverb setup with the surfy settings as recommended in the manual. It's phenomenal the way it drips on muted strings.

Throw a delay pedal in front of it and max out the feedback and turn the delay to a short time IIRC and you're right there for ambient swells and stuff with the cathedral/halo/modulation settings. I don't really do that kind of stuff and don't even have a volume pedal but it definitely works just using the volume knob on the guitar.

mnutz likes this.

10. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Holic

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    I had a polara. GREAT reverb sounds. Very nice algos, as has been said.
    But I didn't find it to be "over the top" at all. I thought it was rather conservative. I traded it for a Boss RV6 and found the RV6 to have about 3X the 'verbs. Bigger, longer, darker, brighter, swirlier. You name it.

I'm currently using a Context that I'm not sure about yet. It's pretty big, too, but not capable of all the texture and swirls of the RV6. Jury's still out. (If I sell it, it'll be $150.)

mnutz likes this.

11. sclitheroe

sclitheroe Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Oct 11, 2013
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Third. I have a FRV-1, a TE-2, and the Meteore on my board at all times. All three do different things, but the Meteore is the neatest, freakiest of the three. It's a fantastic pedal.

12. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    this what Im gassing for :

mnutz likes this.

13. Badger06

Badger06 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2014
    Lund, Sweden
    The TC Electronic Trinity 2 reverb is within budget. It’s also wildly over the top, ambient and out there! Plus you can tweak to your hearts content with the tone print software. I had one but couldn’t handle it. It was just too wacky for me so it made way for more conventional pedals.

mnutz likes this.

14. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

That thing is totally cool! What the heck is it?

24 track likes this.

15. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    its made by Montreal Assembly its called "Count To 5", I want 2 of them its a looper / delay etc check them out on youtube

mnutz likes this.

16. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

Just found this. Anyone here have one?

It sounds great in the demos. And it's gold, so it'll look swanky next to that Tumnus Deluxe that Santa is sure to bring!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.