Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Looking for over the top Reverb Pedal.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by mnutz, Nov 30, 2017.

1. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

I'm looking for a reverb pedal, prefer under $150. I want a real over the top, ambient, out there kind of reverb, not looking for something realistic sounding.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. cnlbb

cnlbb Tele-Holic

Jun 19, 2014
    United States
    Tech21 BoostRVB. It gets way out there and has a cool feedback control that gets rather trippy.

mnutz likes this.

3. Sollipsist

Sollipsist Tele-Meister

Aug 25, 2016
    Digitech Supernatural. Plate, plate with chorus modulation, shimmer (verb with octave up fade), shine (verb + chorus + pitch shift), supernova (verb + flange + pitch shift), pherb (hall reverb + phasing) and a decent spring.

I hate mine, but if you've got a reliable 300mA power supply or a bottomless cup of 9v batteries, you might love it :)

Telegazer and mnutz like this.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    The Catalinbread Topanga spring reverb pedal has a hidden fuzzy/modulation/chorus mode for way out there 80s kinda stuff.

mnutz likes this.

5. hfasteve

hfasteve TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Philadelphia
    The Caroline meteore is my favorite pedal on my board. It has a havoc switch which you can hold down to get some crazy end of the world sounds.

6. Telegazer

Telegazer Tele-Holic

May 6, 2008
    Republic of Korea
    Aye, I'll agree with what Sollipsist above, the various modulated settings on the Digitech Supernova are where it's at, if you can find one.

And although they won't go bananas and launch you into space or anything, the Modulation and Hall positions set to max on the Digitech Polara or the fantastic Digitech RV-7 are both very musical, glorious ambient settings that benefit from Lexicon's highly-refined algorithms...no clanky cheapo artifacts in the tails.

Sollipsist and mnutz like this.

7. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

I'm really liking the demos of the Polara. That may be the one!

BorderRadio and Telegazer like this.

8. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

The MXR M300 sounds really good too.

How are the cheap Chinese reverb pedals? Will any of them do what I'm looking for?

9. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    For the incredible over the top drip surf spring, the best bang for the buck is the Danelectro Spring King. Real Springs, around $200 and under new.

I've been dying for one for 2 years, just for the drippy surf. But it's a huge box, and I just can't justify the board real estate needed for it.

mnutz likes this.

10. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    See my other post above, but the Topanga does a fantastic spring drip surf, albeit digital.

mnutz likes this.

11. joeybyron

joeybyron TDPRI Member

Oct 16, 2016
    South Carolina
    2nd vote for the Caroline Meteor.

mnutz likes this.

12. Kayle McGuire

Kayle McGuire TDPRI Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Canada
    mnutz likes this.

13. Xingshen71

Xingshen71 TDPRI Member

Dec 4, 2014
    AZ
    This will get you there and beyond!
    Subtle to extreme!
    I've seen them on Reverb for around $150.

context_front.jpg

mnutz likes this.

14. Kayle McGuire

Kayle McGuire TDPRI Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Canada
    Although, if you want over the top, unrealistic and extra-terrestrial reverbs, check out the Boss TE-2 Tera Echo. You won’t be disappointed.

mnutz likes this.

15. MuddyDitch

MuddyDitch Tele-Holic

Jun 1, 2014
    Tulpehocken Delta
    I just ordered one of these hoping it sounds as good as some of the demo videos. Under $100 from MF with the 17% off coupon.

mnutz likes this.

16. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Where might that be?

A switch under the hood?

BorderRadio and mnutz like this.

17. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    The Boss RV-5 is a long-standing favorite reverb of a lot of ambient players. Use the modulated reverb and crank up the mix.

mnutz likes this.

18. BBill64

BBill64 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 19, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A thread about crazy reverb and nobody's mentioned Death by Audio!? I'm sure a secondhand Reverberation Machine would come in under budget.

Badger06 and mnutz like this.

19. Stratandtele

Stratandtele Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2016
    New Jersey
    For the catlinbread topanga “super secret modulation mode". You enter this mode by unplugging the power supply, turning the tone knob fully counter clockwise, and re-inserting the power supply. Now there is a subtle modulation applied to the reverb. In this setting, the Topanga has a kind of eerie late-80’s early-90’s chorus and reverb thing. Sounds like angry chair by Alice In Chains

Obsessed, BorderRadio and Strato50 like this.

20. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Cool thanks ..I will try it out.

Obsessed likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.