Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. TCASTJOE

TCASTJOE Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2009
    new jersey
    I own one and Love it... But after talking to Bob , he told me he doesn't use screws, but if you look at the guitars in his gallery they all have pg holes at the neck possition

2. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Here are a few more I took of my new No1 player, for the more technical amongst us:

1st a reminder:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and with her sisters:

[​IMG]

No time for a review just yet, but she's playing like a dream....wanna try her through my YGM-3 in band scenario this w/end.

3. slickschoppers

slickschoppers Tele-Holic

Sep 13, 2008
    Iowa
    well

You are correct, he doesn't put screws INTO THE PICKGUARD. the screws are located below the pick guard. you can use a small screw driver to adjust the screws with the pickguard still on. here is a message I got from bob... I didn't realize you could adjust them that way either...

"That is a standard guard where the pickup can be mounted directly to the guard. I mount the pickup directly to the body. The pickup can be raised or lowered thru those holes with a # 1 ..1/8" phillips screw driver without haveing to remove the guard. BL "

so YES he does use screws, but the screws go directly into the body.. not the pickguard.

4. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

Dec 31, 2008
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

i like that white strat....i have one of those also

5. Tonemonkey

Yeh, sweet, 70's USA VRI......very versatile with awesome middle and neck pups, killer blues tones.........bridge pup......well, its a Strat :oops:

6. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I promised earlier that I'd work on getting new pics of my mahogany Logan Tele. Well, here are a couple of new ones. I'd post more and comment more, but my wife is waiting on me to take her out to eat, so...more later. Hope you enjoy these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. telecaster man

Dec 31, 2008

nice guitar....i'm like you....my straps are same color as my guitars
    on my tele...i replaced the vintage saddles with regualr ones.....

8. HOBBSTER01

HOBBSTER01 Friend of Leo's

Nov 23, 2007
    Ringgold, Ga.
    I sent the folks at Logan Guitars an email with full intentions of ordering a guitar from them.
    The next day I received a follow up email thanking me for my interest.
    This was almost a week ago.
    No response.
    I sent a follow up email.
    No response.
    They must be busy.
    After 5 days, I purchased a used 52 RI.
    I guess they didn't need my money.

9. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Hey, Sanford...yeah, I color-coordinated my strap to my Tele. Actually, there's more to it than that. My best friend made that strap for me. A custom strap for a custom guitar. He's a real artist at carving leather, and he stamped on it "Larry's Tele." I should probably take a pic of just that strap so folks here could see it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009

10. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    About that strap...

[​IMG]

I probably should have taken it off before taking the pics, but I was really anxious to get these uploaded to my gallery and posted in this club/thread.

11. telecaster man

Dec 31, 2008

i wonder if he would make me a few straps for some of my guitars and if so...what he would charge

12. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Well, Sanford, I dunno...the guy's still got his day job. Well, actually, lots of times it's his night job, because he works shift work at a local refinery. So he kinda works all kinds of hours. Anyway, he does leatherworking as a hobby that benefits friends and family, so he doesn't take on many projects.

I'll email him and ask if he's interested in taking on making guitar straps like a side business.

13. Tonemonkey

That's unusual, to say the least, we exchanged probably 20 emails or so during my order. Maybe you got caught in a spam filter.

Shame, but I hope you got a good deal on your 52 RI and she plays well.

14. telecaster man

Dec 31, 2008

thank you for your help....i amppreciate it

Sanford

15. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    In another thread (Tonemomkey’s “New Custom Guitar Day”) the question came up regarding “how fast should nitro wear”. Well, my mahogany Logan Tele is my first guitar with a nitro finish, so obviously I am a newbie on this subject myself. I replied to the question, though, just to share what I’ve noticed thus far. And since this subject applies to Logan owners, and because it involves more pics of my Tele, I thought I’d share that information in this thread as well.

To put this in a time perspective, I have had my Tele for a little more than 7 months. She arrived at my doorstep July 29th of last year. I have loved her so much that I have played her almost exclusively, generally for at least a couple of hours every day. So if I have done the math right, I’ve logged about 400 hours on her. In that time frame, I’ve begun to notice some wear.

The most noticeable wear (to me, at least) is on the lower bout of the body where my forearm rests when I play. And really, it’s barely noticeable; but I can see it, and even feel it, a little bit. The first pic shows the bout of the guitar where my forearm rests, and at that degree of close-up, you can’t tell much about the wear.

[​IMG]

This next pic, though, really gets in close, and the wear is a *bit* more obvious at that level.

[​IMG]

As I said before, it’s barely noticeable. Of course, I’m aware of it, but it doesn’t really bother me. For as much as I play her, that level of finish wear is not bad at all, IMO.

I love my guitars to look great and as great as new for as long as possible. But wear and tear goes with the territory. And as far as this wear goes, I’m not surprised. I have a very acidic complexion. I could probably corrode a bank vault door just by leaning against the thing.

So if after 7 months and hundreds of hours of play this is what I have to show for it, so be it. Like I said, I love the new look, but the look of *real* relicing (i.e., having been lovingly played and played and…) has its own appeal.

BTW, on the neck, I haven’t noticed any wear to the nitro finish, but I have begun to see some slight fret wear. Again, it comes with the territory. As pretty as I think she is, I’m not going to keep her untouched in a display case. I bought her to play her, and play her I have.

16. telecaster man

Dec 31, 2008

Somehow i doubt i will ever see wear on mine as it is a natural finish and wear usually doesn't show up as much on those

Sanford

17. slickschoppers

slickschoppers Tele-Holic

Sep 13, 2008
    Iowa
    lol

yep,, me too,, my hands sweat something fierce,, and it eats up guitar strings like nobodys buisiness.....

it could take a while for the body though as I almost always wear long sleve shirts...

18. telecaster man

Dec 31, 2008

Have you tried using sweat band on your wrists when you play....trust me it works

19. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    Since I spawned the idea for this thread I will chime in and say you are some lucky fellows to own such a fine collection of instruments. Maybe some day I'll own a Logan.

20. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Well, Slick, I wear long sleeve shirts as long as I can down here in the armpit of the Coastal Bend of South Texas, but that actually isn't too long a season.

One of our jokes down here in Corpus Christi about our weather is "We have two seasons...summer, and January!" :eek: :lol: A bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. We started using our air conditioners down here before the month of February was over. :eek:

So, long before the "summer" months of June through August roll around, it is too hot down here to wear long sleeve shirts.

Sanford, you mentioned wearing sweat bands on your wrists when you play. I can't quite picture how that would help in the case of the body of the guitar. My main problem is the sweatiness of my forearm resting on the lower bout when I play. Maybe if I wore a sweat band or something comparable to it on the portion of my forearm that rests on the body of the guitar...?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.