Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Congrats, those two look great together! Didn't realize that was the older sister, I remember seeing her on Bob's website. Anyone who's a regular on this thread is already tired of me talking about my affinity for natural wood guitars, both of yours look great.

2. eddy jaye

eddy jaye TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Nov 26, 2011
    LA Ronge Sk.
    Wow! What a beauty. Is the body truly a one piece mahogany ? I just love how Bob has the wood grain run so perfect from bottom to top. If she plays as good as she looks you might not get much rest -just keep on pickin' , and a grinin'.

3. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Hey Cody, congrats and welcome. I can't wait to see pics of your Logan. I'm curious about the color. Some time back, Nick (yakfishnick) had Bob make a strat style in deep blue, and it came out beautifully. I'm betting yours will look, feel, play and sound killer. A local friend, a Strat player, always pulls the Fender pups and replaces them with Lindy Fralins, and his Strats sound amazing. Of course, his playing may have something to do with that, too. (If you heard him, you'd know that that's an understatement. He's one of the best guitarists I know.)

4. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Congrats, Max! What a great looking pair of Logan Customs. And happy belated birthday. What a great way to enter into your 30s!

5. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Just a quick question: has anybody here ordered a Logan Custom with stainless steel frets? I can't remember right off hand, or remember if Bob's ever said anything about them. I couldn't find any reference to them on his website. I'm asking because I just recommended Bob to someone looking for a tele with just the specs he has in mind, and the only one I couldn't answer about was the stainless steel frets question.

6. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Honestly can't say, I'm not sure what the fret material is on my Logans. Bob's pretty flexible,I imagine that's something he'd be able to provide.

7. djh22

djh22 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jan 12, 2012
    VA
    Don't know about the frets, Larry. But earlier today I did the exact same thing!

Congrats Cody! Great choice with the Fralins. I think they really sing with Bob's bodies/finishing (at least mine do) :D

8. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    A Merry Christmas to all!:D

djh22 and voodooblues like this.

9. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season to all the Logan pickers.

djh22 and LGOberean like this.

10. eddy jaye

eddy jaye TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Nov 26, 2011
    LA Ronge Sk.
    And a very Merry Christmas to you to-as well as all my American friends South of the border.

djh22 and LGOberean like this.

11. Bob Logan

Bob Logan Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2008
    Delafield, WI
    Merry Christmas to my Logan family. Wishing you all the best in this coming new year.
    We got snow yesterday just in time for Christmas. If we don’t get anymore for the rest of the year, that would be great. Margi and I have the whole family coming over to open presents and have Christmas dinner. We have 9 grand kiddies range in age from 4 to 21. We’re expecting 25. All our family lives locally, so we get to see them allot.
    Wishing you all much happiness, please be safe. My best regards, Bob

djh22, LGOberean and blackjaw like this.

12. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Back at ya, Bob (and Margie). What a blessing to have family local. None of ours live locally. However, our oldest and her family have a second home here, and though they can't celebrate every holiday here, they did this Christmas. So yesterday our youngest and her family were able to come down here, too. So we had 2 of our 3 children with their families, that's 13 of our 18 grandchildren here for a shared celebration yesterday evening. (Our oldest grandchild is 21 as well.)

rebelwoclue likes this.

13. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Bob-
    We got snow yesterday too, my guess is it was from the same system as what you got. Merry Christmas and thank you for your excellent guitars.

14. djh22

djh22 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jan 12, 2012
    VA
    Merry Christmas to all, and since I know my fellow Logan players are an accommodating sort, we'd appreciate it here if y'all could keep the snow to yourselves for a bit.

15. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Don't know about that, 'tis the season of giving!

djh22 likes this.

16. MaxLetac

MaxLetac TDPRI Member

Jan 18, 2017
    New York
    Yes as far as I can tell the body is one solid piece of mahogany. I've only fallen deeper in love with this instruments since buying it.

17. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    HAPPY NEW YEAR'S, fellow Logan owners!

[​IMG]

voodooblues likes this.

18. codester1991

codester1991 TDPRI Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Texas
    Alrighty guys! Mr Logan sent me some pics of my guitar finished up. It looks spectacular! It’s getting shipped tomorrow and I’m like an impatient child wishing it was here already lol some of the pictures are a bit dark but the two without the white draping you’re able to see the wood grain pretty dang well.

Let me know what y’all think and I’ll let y’all know what I think once it’s in my hands!

Happy new year to you all as well!

-Cody

Attached Files:

yakfishnick, irie and LGOberean like this.

19. Vitadog

Vitadog Tele-Meister

Jun 22, 2014
    Somonauk, IL
    Loving the color. I'm not a fan of binding but it looks great on this guitar. Congratulations and keep us updated when you receive it!

20. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Gorgeous guitar. I do like binding and it looks great on that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.