Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. yakfishnick

yakfishnick TDPRI Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Hello lovers of all things Logan! I had Bob build me a Strat back in April. Here are the specs...
    • 22 medium jumbo frets, 9.5 radius, Modern C shape, 1-11/16” nut in black, Amber tinted, Satin nitro finished Maple neck
    • Gotoh vintage staggered shaft locking tuners in chrome
    • Select light weight swamp ash body in Deep Blue, Finished with 100% nitrocellulose gloss lacquer. No grain fillers, some grain texture.
    • Contoured neck heel on the body
    • Wilkinson WVS50 IIK tremolo in chrome
    • DiMarzio pickups, Bridge, DiMarzio FS-1 Neck and middle, DiMarzio True velvet. with black covers
    • 5 way switch, 250K audio pots, Single volume and tone controls. Switch craft input jack.
    • Single ply black pick guard.
    • Professional setup with D’Addario strings 9s
    He also suggested that I post some pics to the forum. Let me know what you think.

IMG_0958.jpg IMG_0963.jpg IMG_0964.jpg IMG_0969.jpg

teletimetx and SoulstormTX like this.

2. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Four words; "BEE!' "YOU!" "TEA!" "FULL!" :cool::D

Seriously! I think I just found my favorite shade of blue for a guitar. You referred to it as "Deep Blue," but what I saw in Bob's "Guitar Color" options was "Dark Blue." Are they one and the same color, or is this "Deep Blue" a custom color?

The blackguard on that is perfect for the guitar. And although the nut being in black wouldn't have occurred to me, it's a nice touch, ties in well with the blackguard. I also applaud the amber tinted, satin nitro finished Maple neck. And I like that you went with DiMarzio pickups. I haven't played through the True Velvets, but I sure do like the Twang Kings in my Logan Custom BSB.

All in all, that is one seriously beautiful guitar. Congrats.

3. yakfishnick

yakfishnick TDPRI Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Hi Larry, thanks for the kind words. I told Bob that I wanted a blue that reminded me of the deep blue ocean (I like fishing offshore for tuna and marlin) and showed off the grain in the body. I think he nailed it on both counts. I love how the dark grain accents the black pickguard, covers, and nut. I thought it all tied together well.

As for the color, I asked Bob...

"Hi Nick. To answer the blue question. Deep blue is semi transparent, Dark blue is opaque. Solid color.
    I may add your guitar color to the website, Thanks, Bob"

I'm thinking of getting a Tele somewhere down the road (I've never owned one). Have you posted any sound samples of your Twang Kings on the forum? Do you have any other Tele pickup suggestions? Thanks!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Nick-
    Gorgeous guitar, thanks for sharing. I really like how you can see the wood grain

6. yakfishnick

yakfishnick TDPRI Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Thanks voodooblues. Bob does a great job with finishes that show off the wood grain.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.