Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Lil Killer Bronco

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by ThreePlyGuy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

Coil tapped GFS 10K and a little fret attention really woke this Bronco up. Just opened slot ends a tad and pup squeezed right in, switch nice addition for this pickup. Nice bargain pup with load of tones, fun little player now.

Attached Files:

2. bendecaster

bendecaster Friend of Leo's

Do you like that pickup? Is it powerful enough without being dark and muddy?

I've got a 70's Jazz Bass copy and the pickups are rather weak. I've tried adjusting the height and it just dosen't cut it. I feel like I'm playing too hard to get a decent sound out of it, which in turn makes it sound slappy/buzzy.

I'm sorry to hijack your thread! I tried to ask advise on the pickup forum without any responses.

3. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

I like 10k very much for the Bronco, it takes a Stang sized pup anyway. Look Ebay if you have not already, lots of J size pups in 6 to 11 available in single and hum. Here's my '73 J and a parts caster I'm currently putting together.

Attached Files:

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell TDPRI Member

Exactly the mod my brother and I did to his Bronco. His is wired series/parallel/kill, and parallel is pretty quiet.

6. bendecaster

bendecaster Friend of Leo's

Sweet looking stuff!

I haven't checked ebay because I really wasn't sure what I was looking for. I guess a pickup that's got more power & clarity that's in the 10K range.

Thanks for the advise.

7. tommysixgun

tommysixgun TDPRI Member

I'd like to mod my son's Bronco with this. It's a great bass. Here he is on stage Saturday, with his violin bass and the Bronco

Tommy

[​IMG]

8. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

I did a similar mod to my Bronco, made a big difference.

Standard guitar sized Hotrail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.