Lighted reverb footswitch for DRRI?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Flat6Driver, May 26, 2019.

1. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

I have the reverb set to about 2.5 on my amp. Subtle. So in a live setting I need to really listen to see if it's on. Any way to have a lighted switch for this? I never use the tremolo side of the switch.

2. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Only if you got a third-party footswitch with a battery or AC adapter. The Fender footswitches just ground/unground the signal so you wouldn't be able to use any voltage from the amp to make the lights happen.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

Turn it on and put the FS in the back of your amp. (If you can't tell it is on, does it matter if it is on?) Additionally, if you know it is on you can just look at the reverb control knob for confirmation.

4. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

I don't know about your footswitch in particular, but I just added an LED to my Peavey switch which comes on when I select the O/D channel. Instructions here:

https://whatswrongwiththiscircuit.wordpress.com/tag/peavey-classic-30-led-footswitch/

Some circuits would appear to require changing the switch, adding a battery, LED and resistor. If that's the case with yours, probably easier just to buy a new switch with LEDs already installed. Google 'Add LED to footswitch'

5. Twang Deluxe

Twang Deluxe Tele-Meister

I use a Fender ABY Box with my DRRI.
    Most of the time I use normal channel and when I need Reverb I use the Pedal to switch to the Vibrato Channel where Reverb is always on.

6. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

No, you don't. On a DRRI, the reverb works even without a foot switch connected. On a DRRI, it's the tremolo that requires a foot switch (the Princeton requires a switch for neither - different circuit).

So, you can tell what the reverb is set at by merely glancing at the Reverb knob on the front panel. If the knob is set at anything above "zero", you have reverb.

In general, you need a latching foot switch with LED. The cable for the DRRI is a TRS type (Tip, Ring, Sleeve), otherwise called a shielded stereo cable. I have used a Boss FS-6 with a common Hosa TRS cable and it works well. The foot switch uses a 9 volt battery for the LEDs. But the FS-6 is a double switch, for Reverb and Tremolo.

Any after market foot switch will require power for the LED indicators. There are many builders of such products, and most enclosures are no larger than a Phase 90. The internet is a good place to start.

Wally likes this.
  7. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

Hmm. it came with a footswitch with two buttons on it.

True, but then I have to turn around. I just like to look at the floor to see where everything is set.

Wait, this IS the internet, right?

8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

You can use the footswitch to turn the reverb OFF.....but reverb works by default if footswitch is NOT even plugged in. Verify this by unplugging footswitch, and simply turning up reverb knob 'til it reverberates excessively. That will tell you it works.....then turn down to where you want it.
    When I wanted to use my footswitch to turn tremolo off and on, and I had trouble hitting the correct button on a dark stage, I simply unplugged the RCA plug to the reverb connection on back of amp, then I could just step on BOTH buttons, which only affected tremolo.

Wally likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.