Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Lie!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Marcelo R, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Holic

Oct 3, 2014
    Uruguay
    IMG_2704.JPG

Just what this thread's title say :mad: :D

Note: I've hijacked this pic from another member of this forum. My apologies.

2. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    well not really judging from the graphics, at the time of the poster that would have been true :D

today's version probably has a hipster with a cellphone on his stick while blogging :D

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

The paradox of the guitar attracting girls is:

1) One, if you cannot play well, the girl keeps her distance and so you have to keep playing and it isn't getting any better and she's losing interest every moment;

2) Two, if you CAN play well, the girl decides she's very interested and she persuades you to put down the guitar before you can finish half of one song.

The poor gals, in what set of circumstances do they ever get to hear you actually play 3 songs well, back to back? I remember this one wonderful young lady from the Baltimore area, studying to be a physical therapist, and while she was living in New Orleans someone asked her how well I played and she just smiled - she never would let me play a whole song through, bless her!! :^)

Jimmy Owen, Marcelo R and src9000 like this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Friend of Leo's

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California

6. Tony Done

Tony Done Friend of Leo's

Dec 3, 2014
    Toowoomba, Australia
    Heh, I got two wives, not concurrently, by playing Paxton's "Last thing on my mind" at parties. It worked for me.

7. archiemax

archiemax TDPRI Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Phoenix AZ
    From Mac Davis' song "Hooked on Music:"

So I bought myself a guitar & I wrote me a ladies' song
    I'd just change the name to fit my latest flame and that sucker never came out wrong.

8. jackinjax

jackinjax Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville

9. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Holic

Oct 3, 2014
    Uruguay
    Well, I really can't tell - I'm not a DJ :D

Best regards.

10. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Friend of Leo's

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Pfft. Guitar players are so 1975. These days, it's all about the bass player!

Larry F, telleutelleme and Marcelo R like this.

11. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Tele-Meister

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Attributed to Andres Segovia: "Guitar...the easiest instrument to play badly."

Marcelo R and brogh like this.

12. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I guess my problem was I spent too much time looking at the fretboard.

Marcelo R and Dismalhead like this.

13. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Andres Segovia invented the guitar.

14. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    When Segovia was in his '90s and was asked at a performance whey he played a particular piece so fast, he answered: "because it gets more chicks".

(He actually said: "because I can")

Marcelo R and Chicago Matt like this.

15. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Eric Clapton invented guitar wankery.

(Truth is, Buddy guy invented guitar wankery)

The thread is about telling lies, right?

TDPRI'rs always read the OP carefully and follow instructions dutifully.

jimash likes this.

16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I agree that having a guitar would help some people with the gals. I'm almost certain this guy would do okay.

[​IMG]

Chicago Matt likes this.

17. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    Yes, this is total wankery :):

Wally and telemnemonics like this.

18. beagle

beagle Tele-Holic

Jul 20, 2010
    Yorkshire
    Only one girl was ever attracted by my guitar playing. Luckily, the injunction worked and no bunnies were harmed... :twisted:

Marcelo R and jackinjax like this.

19. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I think I finally understand the intent of this thread!
    I thought it was a request for us to post lies.
    Seemed @Marcelo R posted the first lie, and we could lie about anything we wanted.

But now I see that Marcelo was saying it's a lie that guitar players are more popular with women or whoever they wish to attract.

What made me popular with girls/ women was the fact that I spent so many hours practicing my guitar, so I never had hangovers from too much fun or woke up in a pool of unattractive stuff.
    Yep! Stay in and practice!

Sadly I had a guitar lying around for years but no time to play until I was 20.
    Can't recall what I was doing in my teens...

Marcelo R and Tony Done like this.

20. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

Ever seen the Tao of Steve? One of the rules of attracting women from the movie is to "show excellence in what you do". Humans are instinctively drawn to superior specimens of our species (which would provide us an evolutionary advantage in the event we successfully procreate with said specimen). It almost doesn't matter what it is-- playing guitar, swimming, glass blowing, solving complicated math equations, whatever. Women will be attracted to you if you are demonstrably really good at what what you do. The beauty of something like guitar is it doesn't take much for a woman to figure out that, hey, you're pretty dang good at that. My experience in my single days was when you're playing a bar gig and the band sounds really good, at that moment you have a huge edge over every guy in the bar except maybe the lead singer. None of the other guys in the bar have a stage they can get on and show their excellence. The big exceptions to this are a) if some guy at the bar is a total hunk, b) he knows how to tell really funny stories, and c) he knows the other rules from the Tao of Steve. (be desire-less, be excellent, and be gone).

ukepicker likes this.

21. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

If that were true, I would have [MOD: can't say that!] throughout Uni.

Now where is that emoji? :cry:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.