Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Lexington Lab Band - The Making Of A Band

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tonedr, Jul 9, 2017.

1. tonedr

tonedr Tele-Afflicted

Sep 27, 2007
    kentucky
    This video takes a close look at The Lexington Lab Band:

core members
    selecting & learning material
    video and audio recording
    special guests

great thanks for taking your time to check this out! LLB

2. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Tele-Afflicted

Jun 18, 2009
    Hogtown,KY.
    Hello Dale,

It was very good seeing & talking to you last night at Chuy's. Excellent videos & great playing,
    as always. :cool:

Have a great week! :)

3. brattmatter

brattmatter Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2011
    New Jersey
    This is great. Halfway done but I have to head out I've added to my watch later...and subscribed to the channel.

4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Thanks Dale. Will watch later.

5. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I'll take a look at that, thanks.

6. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    I alway enjoy the first rate performances of the LLB even if I don't particularly care for the band or song being covered.
    Excellent work.

7. tonedr

tonedr Tele-Afflicted

Sep 27, 2007
    kentucky
    hello...sincere thanks for these very kind and encouraging post and taking your time to check this one out!

your friend,
    dale

8. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs

9. tonedr

tonedr Tele-Afflicted

Sep 27, 2007
    kentucky
    Sure appreciate you giving your time to check this out!

10. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Dale, thanks for this behind the scenes backdrop. It's nice to get to know a few of the players more personally this way.

I have some understanding of all that goes into each production having done some of this many years ago but at nowhere near this level. Being a part of something like this as a performer would be a dream gig. So color me both appreciative and envious. :)

All the best to you and all of the members of the Lexington Lab Band.

11. tonedr

tonedr Tele-Afflicted

Sep 27, 2007
    kentucky
    Thank you for sharing your time to watch a long video - I sure appreciate it! Great to hear about your music & thanks for the kind words, your friend, dale.

12. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    Great! Thanks for making and posting this. I can't say enough what you guys mean to me. You play the soundtrack to my life as I was growing up. These songs bring back a lot of memories as I'm sure it does for most of us. Thanks again for what you guys do. Love, love it!!

13. tonedr

tonedr Tele-Afflicted

Sep 27, 2007
    kentucky
    thanks so much for the very kind post - really appreciate it and thanks for watching the vids! We grew up in a time of amazing music didn't we and it just kept coming. I try not to always show my age but i just don't hear a lot of today's 'popular' music hanging around with the intensity as so much of what we were fortunate enough to hear coming through new on our car radios! Or 8 tracks - or cassettes:)

14. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    I think the big take away from this project is just how much music brings people together. Amen to what passes for music today, gimme back my MTV.

PS-unsolicited hints - Pure Prairie League, Spirit, Atlanta Rhythm Section, and at least one Slade!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

15. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Holic

Nov 17, 2011
    California
    Watching it now Dale....great band, excellent musicianship and very cool insights as to how you've all made it happen.
    It would be an honor to play with all of you.

I've watched all LLB vids/tutorials and they been invaluable to me.

Great stuff....

16. tonedr

tonedr Tele-Afflicted

Sep 27, 2007
    kentucky
    Hello gentlemen and sincere thanks for the very kind posts and taking your time to share your love of music with us!

Kidmo- thanks for the great suggestions!

17. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    Nothing like having band members coming in and knowing their parts. You guys do it right. Kudos!

18. Andy B

Andy B Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Colorado

19. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks to you and the band for your talent and musicianship, and for posting your amazing work for us. I enjoy every video. Keep 'em coming, and my best to all of you.

20. tonedr

tonedr Tele-Afflicted

Sep 27, 2007
    kentucky
    hello...thanks so much for these kind posts, they really are appreciated! We greatly appreciate you being willing to taking time to check out the vids - hope this finds everyone very well, dale.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.