Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Let's talk about some good things and things that we are looking forward to

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Oct 2, 2017.

1. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    I'm indexing my comic book collection this week. I got most of the gum cut out of my hair and it doesn't look too bad now. I ironed my trousers today, but forgot I was wearing them at the time, most of the burning sensations is gone unless I sit down for a spell.

I joined a hitch-hiking club - we are looking for somone who has a car so we can practice. My dog ran away with the neighbor's cat and I'm missing 20 bucks, I'm not accusing anybody, but I could trust that dog before he started hanging out with that cat, is all I'm saying.

I'm going to try to learn how to can stuff. I want to put away extra holiday candy so I don't have to keep buying it. Has anybody canned mixed chocolates? Just need some tips, like how much salt & dill do you use...

so pretty much just normal around here, but I'll let you know if things pick up.

2. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    I don't have anything as picturesque and sweet to relate, but what I can throw into the casserole is that I have 3 particularly intractable cases that have dragged on for years. It turns out that all 3 will be heard by a court over the next 2 weeks, which reminds me of the people getting corrective surgery for longstanding ailments

I am also having a steam room fitted at home, to help with sinus problems....

24 track likes this.

3. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Dec 26, 2014
    Walland, Tn
    I'm going to see Rocky Horror Picture Show with the fiance in 18 days. With 2000 people in attendance and a pint of Gentleman Jack this should be interesting

kidmeatball, 24 track and Obsessed like this.

4. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Nov 22, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    Traveling to celebrate my grandkids birthdays next week.

New grandbaby in April

Retiring from the Army in May.

5. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    Wear a rain coat. Trust me! LOL ;)

24 track, Obsessed and Mr Green Genes like this.

6. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Dec 26, 2014
    Walland, Tn
    O yes...we went last year...we sit in the very back row so.......we bring the super speakers :twisted::twisted::twisted:

24 track and Mr Green Genes like this.

7. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Dec 26, 2014
    Walland, Tn

8. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    Looking forward to watching my Tribe kick some butt!
    IMG_3020.jpg
    I'm not looking forward to turning 50 on Tuesday.

24 track likes this.

9. Mr Green Genes

Mr Green Genes Tele-Afflicted

Feb 23, 2016
    MI
    Nice! If he didn't have one, that's what I was going to suggest. So much better that he's learning on one with some family history, too!

I've been buying them from EBay when they come up for like $30-$40 dollars, and I've been getting 'em in shape and donating them to the fire dept toy drives.

Most of the toys they get are for infants and toddlers, but older kids are just as devastated by losing everything they have, if not more so.

With a little work (I tend to go a little overboard sometimes), they really are nice instruments, and loads of fun to play!

Obsessed and tery like this.

10. Mr Green Genes

Mr Green Genes Tele-Afflicted

Feb 23, 2016
    MI
    Congrats!

basher and kidmeatball like this.

11. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Fall will arrive and I'll be in the woods for weeks at a time, without a break. Starting this weekend with the grandson. IMG_0787.JPG IMG_6102.JPG IMG_6042.JPG

Mr Green Genes and Piggy Stu like this.

12. Ex-riverman

Ex-riverman Tele-Meister

Jun 17, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Two firsts:
    King Crimson on October 21. A bucket list show.
    Dead & Co. on December 1. First show with the new guy on guitar.

24 track likes this.

13. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Holiday end of October.

A little thing - delivery of a bespoke nice 60s faded aged olympic white nitro alder body for a Cropper type build.

24 track likes this.

14. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Here's a great tune, Good Stuff, by Bugs Henderson. My band does a more simplified version of this, fun song to play! I love the first line - "I don't want to sing about no more bad stuff, good stuff is all I see"

And let's see... Looking forward to band practice this weekend, we've been off for a few weeks. Have a BBQ cookoff gig on the 14th, then a private party gig on the 21st (and my brother is coming to visit me), then planning for a festival gig on Nov 11, and a small town Christmas on the Square thing in Dec.

Lots of good stuff for me to be grateful for.

Cheers,
    Doug

15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Wednesday is the day that momma and I play golf together, I'm looking forward to her getting up and fixing me some breakfast so we can head out! We're looking forward to my daughter and her big daddy taking us to the Crystal Palace on the 28th of October to see Tracy Lawrence, and celebrate Momma's birthday! I love the whole going to a show at the CP thing, you get to eat, you get to drink (whatever your choice is) and have a good time. Being packed in there with the other sardines is cool, if it's the right sardine! :lol:

Stubee and 24 track like this.

16. Stisch

Stisch TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Silver Cliff, WI
    A quick pic of "the back yard." Most of the White and Red pines around here are well over 50ft tall. Enough to make my cell phone only work in a few spots (not always a bad thing.) Also got a phone call about an interview for a technician job. Things are looking up since I've moved back up here from Appleton.

20171004_103053.jpg

24 track and Stubee like this.

17. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2006
    Arizona
    My first love is bluegrass/old time guitar. Today, I'll be receiving a D-28 Authentic 1937. I can not wait. I've had a D-18 Authentic for about ten years, but have wanted a D-28A since the day they were released. Really looking forward to that!

Really looking forward to watching my Cubbies in the playoffs again! Game one is Friday.

The weather is getting really nice. The extreme heat of summer is gone in my part of Arizona, and now we've got cool nights and warm afternoons. Not long now, and it will be just about perfect.

18. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

I'm getting my papers ready to turn in, and retiring at the end of this school year. I've loved almost every minute of my time in the classroom, but now it's time to go. This last year is full of good "last time" moments; I plan to enjoy them all.

19. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    im looking forward to my christmas bonus so i can put in a swimming pool...shhh dont tell the family its a secret

20. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Oldest son (and wife) gave birth to identical twin boys last week. Somewhat premature (as happens with twins), they spent the week in the NICU, and are coming home tomorrow.

We've got six grandchildren now. Five boys, one girl, all 5 years old or younger.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.