Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Let's see your guitar room

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by viccortes285, Jan 20, 2018.

1. viccortes285

viccortes285 Tele-Holic

Jan 14, 2017
    Phoenix
    My 6 guitars are in closet but my Amps and moodare in the room 752A4D93-6A7A-42C3-9651-FB83C59736C5.JPG

rcole_sooner, 24 track and Tele1966 like this.

2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    It isn't done yet and I've already outgrown it.

Attached Files:

3. tahoebob54

tahoebob54 Tele-Meister

I don't have a guitar room, I now have a guitar house. My lovely wife passed away about 1 1/2 years ago and lately I have guitar stuff all over the house. Guitars in the bed room, in the front room, guitar parts on the coffee table, My computer is now located on the kitchen table, that also stuff I sell on eBay along with more guitar parts. No guitar parts in the extra bedroom, its not that I have to much room its I don,t have enough guitar stuff to fill up mu whole house.

I don't recomend losing your spouse its no fun at all, but I did not need to ask anyone if it would be OK if I had a 5F1 amp built. it should be done in about 10 days.

teleswisster, aux8, jannodude and 3 others like this.

4. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I'm sorry to her this and my sincere condolences, it must feel quiet and empty!

I too have 3 acostics and one electric in the spare bedroom , 5basses and 3 electrics in the livingroom and 11 in the studio and I cant fit 11 amps in the studio right now
    HMMM... I may need an intervention!

:D:D....nah just kidding , an intervention wont work!

5. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    is the baby electric or acoustic?

Anyone who plays a godin is OK!

Cheap Trills likes this.

6. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

Aug 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Terrible picture but it's a lot of fun in here.

IMG_4910.JPG

7. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2014
    london
    Mine is under construction...………………...

8. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

Finished in 2012 , my neighbor christened it The Guitar Mahal. It’s my modified garage , thru the wall heater/ AC, a full bathroom, all led lighting, plenty of outlets. 6AD2C60F-EC7C-4F04-9F6D-1CFC2ECFD371.jpeg 231AB00E-DEA3-48A4-846C-BCBA273C8015.jpeg FE90F406-1EF1-4004-829A-15A76C4699C0.jpeg 59C74411-D5D3-4D1E-A825-5EC7E74AA119.jpeg

9. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Those of us who live in shoebox flats in big cities don't have guitar rooms. But I kind of like looking at pictures of other people's.

My living room is also a:
    rehearsal room
    recording studio
    artist's studio
    carpentry shop
    office
    playroom for my son
    dining room
    TV room

I know it's hard to believe, but it gets a little untidy. Just a little.

10. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

May 29, 2016
    Edinburgh, Scotland

11. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    Ok, my name is Ian and I have a problem;

upload_2018-6-13_11-41-4.jpeg

This room holds about half of it!

12. Dan335

Dan335 Tele-Meister

May 15, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    In some neighborhoods (mine included) having a guitar room wouldn't be such a good idea...closets for me....but I like looking at everyone else's.....

13. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    I have a converted small bedroom that serves as both an office, closet, and guitar room. Here's the electric corner. Usually have all three electrics plugged in with A-B switches to switch between them.

[​IMG]untitled-2-6 by Ray, on Flickr

The acoustics are kind of to the right of and across from the electrics, pretty much directly behind where I was standing to take the photo of the electrics. I have humidifiers under the Martin in the winter months. Don't need them now, but had them when this pic was taken...

[​IMG]Cray-9 by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

Nubs, gwjensen, studio1087 and 3 others like this.

14. Marc Muller

Marc Muller Tele-Meister

Oct 10, 2006
    NJ

15. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    have a full band room out back but we are in and out of studio for next 2 months , so main gear is in bedroom for maximum tweaking time for each song.

Attached Files:

viccortes285 and rcole_sooner like this.

16. Jeru

Jeru Tele-Holic

Nov 17, 2006
    Chicago
    Several other guitars in the closet, but you get the idea. 2017-12-18 - office.jpg

17. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Meister

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    I guess he's acoustic, but definitely sounds amplified when he's upset! =)

rcole_sooner and 24 track like this.

18. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    My home is an old (built in 1936) cottage style house with just 1,400 square feet of space. So before our three kids left home, I didn't have a guitar room, but then again I didn't need one. Through almost all of their growing up years in our home, I only owned one guitar at a time. In August of 2000, when the youngest married and moved away, I just had two guitars.

But since we've had an empty nest for 18 years, my modest guitar collection has grown. Now I have ten guitars and five amps. And so space for guitars and gear became an issue. I've been a reader and a collector of books as well. And so I've had an office/library/man cave/guitar room for a while. But it's not a big room, and so guitars were still in the living room.

Seven years ago, my wife actually suggested that I hang guitars in the living room. She figured they looked more artsy, more like decor if they were hanging on the wall than when they were on guitar stands or in cases on the floor. I think I had 6 guitars at that point. Well, a little more than a week ago, she once again was rearranging the living room furniture, and decided she wanted to hang all of my guitars in the living room! So now my office/library/man cave/guitar room is less of a guitar room. I typically have only one guitar on a stand behind me as I sit at my desk, the rest are on their appointed hangers. Four of my five amps are in my office/man cave, as are the guitar cases. Looks a lot like the pic of Ian's room (reply #12 above).

So for the most part, the living room is now also the guitar room. I tried getting a pic of the south wall, but couldn't get them all in without a panoramic, and when I tried to upload it to TDPRI, it was too big a file or something. Here are the pics I do have. The first is my collection of five Logan Customs (including my newest acquisition, one of his acoustic/electrics) is on the north wall, and the second is three of my acoustics in the center of the south wall. I'll have to try again later on that south wall, to get all five of those in one shot.

06-04-2018 - My Logan Custom Family Portrait - 2.jpg
    06-04-2018 - 3 of my acoustics - Hohner & Breedloves.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.