I sanded the whole neck with 120 and the fretboard with 220. I used the triangular file on the fret slots to chamfer them. I had to change to the 7.25 pressing caul in the fret press....luckily I could find it because I've kept the 12" one installed in the arbor press for more than a decade. I used short leftovers of my #148 stewmac wire and still needed to bend one length for one fret.... go figure. Since I didn't overbend the fretwire for 7.25 inches, I think I'll glue the ends in with the rods and caul method, for a measure of security on the ends. The last thing was the bow clamping method to drive the barbs into position. All this is outlined in more detail in the first neck if you wonder what I'm talking about. See posts #163-171.